Books, Bed, and Beyond (Chapter 2)

Slowly opening my eyes, instantly regretting all the glasses of Henny and joints I smoked last night. The bright sunlight piercing through the window made me squint. My head throbbed, a dull ache echoing through my brain. Rubbing my temples trying to ward off the impending headache.

I threw off the covers and stumbled out of bed and made my way to the bathroom. Floss, brush, applied face mask and went into the shower, letting the warm water wash away the stale feeling from last night.

I made myself some warm water with lemon. I sipped on that while I search for an outfit for the day. Today I'm hanging with Cliff over his crib, for our study session. I need something comfy but cute. I opt for a pastel multi-color tracksuit, a pair of blush colored pumps and a pair of yellow lens glasses with rhinestones on the frame and gold and silver jewelry, along with a silver handbag.

I hopped in my car and went to the Bodega a couple blocks from where I live in Queens to grab some food.

"Hey Felipe, how's your day so far Papi?" I said while entering the store and seeing the owner Felipe around the cash register.

"Hola, m'ija! It's been good so far, what can I get for you today?"

" I need two Chopped Cheese Sandwiches, a large bag of Classic Lay's and two orange Fanta."

Felipe rang up the order, I paid and he went to make the sandwiches, while I grabbed the bag of chips and Fanta.

I thanked Felipe while collecting the food, headed out to the car that was parked in front of the store and headed off to Long Island.

____________________________________________________________
I grabbed my bag and the food and head to the door of Cliff's loft. I pressed the door bell and waited. A few seconds later Cliff appeared at the door shirtless.

"Sorry I'm late, but I came bearing food!" I gushed.

He chuckled. "That's cool ma, you had a late night." He took the bag in one hand while putting his other hand around my waist and pulling me into a hug and giving me a kiss on the lip.

" He took the bag in one hand while putting his other hand around my waist and pulling me into a hug and giving me a kiss on the lip

I entered, taking in the cozy atmosphere of his loft. Exposed brick walls, rose up to meet the soaring ceiling, where wooden beams and ductwork converged. On the wall there was a huge poster of Johnny Blaze and a picture of  Wu Dang, the Taoist holy mountain located in the Central China in the Hubei Province. Nearby, a shelf overflowed with dog-eared books and vinyl records and beside that there's a vinyl record player. In the middle of the living area is a vintage emerald green sofa. To one side, there's the  kitchen area boasted with a retro refrigerator, its doors were plastered with Wu stickers and show flyers. In the middle of the kitchen host the island with two barstools in front. The loft had a rustic, vintage feel.

 The loft had a rustic, vintage feel