Prologue

Recovered writing from the King's written witness; Jonas Bray. Recovered by Runi: Nyrah June.

Eiran: Father, this is insane! You cannot kill an entire kingdom. Those people have no control over what runs through their veins and what heritage they possess—not to mention how innocent they are.

Eiran stands tall, his strength evident, but Casimir is the king—a stubborn, unyielding man.

Casimir: They are a plague, and we must rid the world of them!

Between the two, the tension in the room suffocates me. Eiran's voice is defiant, but Casimir's eyes... are wild, crazy. I've seen that look before. I hate being here and forced to witness this madness. But this is my job—my life if I want to keep my head.

Eiran: You plan to wipe them all out? Even those who are like us?

There's a brief flicker in Casimir's expression, but it hardens into a mask of cold resolve.

Casimir: I'm nothing if not thorough. And you will obey my commands, or you'll find yourself among them!

Eiran straightens, staring into the eyes of the man who raised him, the king who had once been his father. The room feels even smaller now, the weight of Casimir's words pressing down on me. I want to leave, to follow Eiran, to escape this madness—but I cannot. My duty is to witness, to record. I clench my teeth and try to remain still.

Eiran: Then that is what I must do.

Casimir's face tightens at his youngest son's words, anger flashing behind his eyes. He doesn't like Eiran's resistance. Lorath is doomed. The kingdom is already stained with blood, and I fear there will be more. More Death is Coming.