chapter eight

''I told you to get better at handling serious situations, the hell is this?''

Silence filling up the cold room. No one dares to say a word about whatever just flashed in front of their orbs who's filled with fear of the painful scene. No one has ever saw someone died in front of their eyes before, well, at least not in this way. They never saw anyone's hand gets bitten and their body part ripped off from their main body.

After those moments, the rest managed to runaway towards the fifth floor of the building. They amazingly met some others that has been waiting up there. There's Trevor, Alpha, Hazeru, Arlix, Rin, the two seniors, Joshua and Levi who looked like they just run a marathon,  and a bunch of troublesome creatures following. 

Rafael were no different from them, he seated himself near the walls inside that random classroom of computer and hugged his legs, burying his head in the middle of it. Beside him were seated a sculpture who seat up straight with his sharp eyes wide open. Can't believe that this is the third time he saw someone loses a limb today.

The sculpture sighed, he turned his head to check on his best friend who's face is hidden. He lightly shook the younger's body to get his attention, once the  other lifted his head to look at the sculpture, the male said what he wanted to say, "How are you feeling, Ael?" he pressed his lips into a thin line as he saw how pale is the puppy's skin.

Rafael groaned in annoyance, "How can you be so calm in this goddamn situation?" he stands up from the cold ground and pulled the taller's hand so that he'll follow him along, "Plus, i think I'm going to die out of starvation." he said, making his way to find the two oldest that's somehow manage to escape from all the trouble.

Rafael found Joshua standing in front of Levi who looked like he's thinking about something serious. The younger heard the blonde questioned the most mature, "You're getting shorter or am I getting taller?" that made the black haired somewhat mad, "Lev, don-" a groan of pain when he felt his leg getting kicked.

The younger went towards them immediately, the sculpture trailed from behind like a lost doberman. The puppy jumped in the middle of the two's conversation, "Guys!" he cut the two off, earning a look coming from them.

Vernon pointed at the puppy who immediately froze on spot, "He's hungry," he got straight to the point to make sure the two won't question him anything, "And I guess everyone too?" he tilted his head to the side.

The two oldest looked at him in a questionable look. The ice in between the four teenagers broke when the blonde haired decided to talk, "I'm hungry too," he then diverted his attention to the one as old as him, "Cafeteria is just in the other side of the floor, but I'm afraid we can't risk it all." he smiled faintly, seemingly upset.

The puppy glanced away, he knows he can't really gives any useful advice. He sighed, looking around the room. He could see some of the girls crying, the guys staying silent and awkward not like their usual goofy self. But someone caught his attention, a certain Chinese is drawing and writing something in a piece of paper. The guy went towards her, curious as to what she has up her sleeves. 

"Rinnie?" he called, startling the older who's too immersed in her own world.

She sighed as she recoqnize who it was, "Oh," she mumbled a cursed word underneath her breath, "It's just you."

The boy tilted his head to the side, "What are you doing?" he peek through the older's hand and saw a glimpse of drawing, somewhat like a map, also a lot of words written messily, but since it was the secretary's hand writing, he could still read it clearly, "Is that the fifth floor?" he questioned, looking back at the girl who just let him see the whole drawing.