Girl Pretty - Steddie

⚠️Male Feminization-Sexualization/Gender Talk-Norms not trans/Some Smut/Semi Plot⚠️

STEVES POV

I looked up from the video tape I was trying to rewind as I heard the annoying bell ring above the Family Video entrance, to see Eddie Munson waltzing through the door with his usual bad guy demeanor in all his delinquent glory.

He was wearing a distressed band shirt with black ripped jeans. As my gaze lingered, taking in his appearance I looked up to catch him staring back at me. We locked eyes for a spilt moment before he awkwardly went to go down one of the aisles.

I sighed wanting today to be over with resuming with my bin of movies that needed to be rewinded.
I finished up the one I was working on and jolted hearing the slap a movie down on the counter in front of me. I peeked up to see a hand covered in big silver rings and I blinked rapidly before going to look up.

"Can I help you?"

I widened my eyes to see Eddie leaning against the counter playing with the Family Video membership cards that were set off to the side on a stand. I couldn't help but stare at his hair.

"I should get a membership huh? Wow if I rent five movies I get a free box of candy?" Eddie boasted and I couldn't tell if he was genuine about it or not.

"Yeah uh it's cool nice perks would you like to sign up?" I said flatly feeling caught off guard and irrritated. I didn't know if it was his hair noting how nice it looked or the fact that he couldn't keep still.

"Nah, I'm not really a movie man"

I blinked at him then down to his movie not knowing what to say and he laughed. I raised a brow, at the horror movie on the counter.

"Well you're renting the swamp monster and you're in a movie store"
"Yeah I heard it's good with good effects and stuff"

I scoffed and grabbed the movie reading the back looking at the pictures. Personally, I didn't watch much horror but in the nature of my job, I know there's a community for it.

"God the monster looks so realistic" I commented and Eddie laughed. I peek up at him and watched as he ran his hands through his hair.
"It doesn't scare me"

Silence fell between us and eventually I scanned his movie in and looked to him. "You sure you don't want the membership it's free?..milk duds?"

I watched as Eddie's expression changed to something serious and he leaned on the counter boring his eyes into mine. "Hey didn't we go to high school together you're the Basketball King or whatever?"

I snorted rolling my eyes pretending to be offended. I knew we went to high school together just didn't wanna have to talk to people.

Eddie was known for being a freak who sold drugs behind the school and lived in a trailer park. It's funny how he perceives me were such opposites.

"Yeah we did, I remember you" I said quickly adverting his gaze.

Every time I passed him in the halls, I always thought his hair was beautiful but I wouldn't dare to say it aloud because Hawkins is filled with small minded assholes and to them men shouldn't have long hair.

"Yeah same you were pretty popular I remember what happened to that?" Eddie teased.

I furrowed my eyes at him letting my eyes linger on the shit eating grin he had plastered on his face.