s*t*a*r*s 10 - pt 173

Sorry this is late, I was busy getting MARRIED! 

s*t*a*r*s

Tegan and Abby sit across from Matt and Liam, all of them at laptops, typing away furiously.  Sorting through the stuff that Keziah had amassed over the years.  Spencer and Rylee are sorting it out, Spencer to keyed up to bother trying to touch a computer at the moment. She constantly has to bleed off the extra energy into the stone floor of the old church. 

Jayden comes into the churches, sees them and then turns, slamming right into Natalie.  “Sorry,” mumbles Jayden.

Natalie ducks her head and lets her by. 

“Go after her,” says Tegan with the wave of a hand.  “Or you’ll regret it.”

“I don’t need….”

“Sure, sure,” says Abby.  Not taking her eyes of what she is reading.  “But we figure you should stop fighting fate.”

“Fuck fate,” says Natalie under her breath.  She turns and Jayden is standing there.  “You need something?”

Jayden opens her mouth and then snaps it shut.  “No.”

“Good.”

Spencer walks up behind Jayden and grabs her by the collar of her shirt.  She pulls her along, protesting.  She grabs Natalie’s elbow and pulls her along too.  Leading them to one of the ante rooms to the far side of the church and roughly shoves them into the room.  The door closes without Spencer touching it.  “Now, here is the deal.  Keziah is going to live and I need the two of you to quit hating each other long enough to figure out what we are going to do.  Not about it, but I mean in general.  We are a few months away from graduation and I don’t see myself pretending to be a college student while I know there are other eternals out there who might well want me dead.  Hell, want the soul mates dead.  So, Jayden you want to live life and Natalie you want to make sure we are all good.  Fine.  Do it together.  Jayden, Natalie isn’t going to live forever.  Get over it.  Stop protesting and be with her, it’s better than being without her.”

“This is far more complicated than that,” says Natalie. “We want different things.”

“Uh huh,” says Spencer.  “I don’t care.  You love her?”

Natalie’s brow furrows.  “Yes, I do.”

“Jay?”

“I love her,” says Jayden begrudgingly.  “That doesn’t change anything.”

“It does.  It changes the fact that you two are acting like two stupid teenagers.  Tegan has her head twisted on better than both of you.  And that is saying a lot, now – I have shit to do.  Kiss and make up.”

Jayden opens her mouth to speak but Spencer leaves the room, slamming the door closed behind her.  “She locked it, didn’t she?” asks Jayden.

“More than likely sealed it with her power,” says Natalie ruefully. 

“Fucking brat,” snaps Jayden.  Silence wraps around them.  “She has a point.”

“Does she?” asks Natalie.  She sits down on one of the long benches that line the wall. 

Jayden averts her eyes.  “That it doesn’t matter.  That we love each other and that at one point we’ll have to just – give in and stop trying to get in the way of fate.”

“Getting in the way of fate?” asks Natalie.  “You broke up with me!  Not the other way around.  You do the jitterbug and get out of the way of fate!  I just want to make sure that they are safe and that they can…”