So....

Mark and Gaster were currently looking at the other at the corner of their... "eyes" with some suspicion (mostly from Gaster). Mark wasn't sure how to break the atmosphere that had formed while they had walked alongside him in complete silence. The only thing to break it was the cold wind and the occasional howl by a wolf or a hoot from an owl with the Snowdin forest.

They were currently walking back to Snowdin since both of them wanted to talk and get a read of the other. So far there had been no progress since one didn't trust the other and the other didn't know what to say.

It took him a couple of seconds of thinking, but he finally found something to talk about that shouldn't cause the atmosphere to get worse and sounded pretty alright in his skull. "So, uh, how exactly did you get here? You arrived later than the rest of the Monsters."

He did not immediately answer as his gaze turned forward. Gaster weighed how much he should reveal to them before finally coming to an answer as his deep voice finally broke the silence. "I have been... in between. Shattered through time and space yet never gone. Although a part of me was stuck in another place at the same time. A dark void of sorts from what I have seen. When you destroyed the timeline, it brought the parts I thought lost from the timeline back together. Unfortunately, those parts of me, instead of fusing back with the part lost in the void, it came here. Resulting in what you see before you."

Mark nodded slightly at the explanation. The atmosphere was tense, but it was starting to bridge now. A couple lights turned on in Mark's head. "Oh.... you can't summon all your hands since half of your SOUL is still in the void?" 

Gaster was about to say yes until his sockets widened as he looked at Mark. "How did you figure that out? How do you know about the hands?"

"It's... basic math. Almost half of your hands were summoned meaning at least half of your SOUL is in the void. As for the hands bit." Mark shrugged. "I just guessed they were called those hands." 

He realized he asked the wrong question as he also asked a dumb question since Mark seen him summon them so he already knew the answer on how as he let out a small sigh relaxing slightly. "They are actually called "Chromatic Hands". By the way, your smarter than you look."

"Umm, ok? By the way, that line doesn't work here." He mumbled at the end. Mark didn't understand why the name mattered. It was just a name. He didn't name his attacks. Do attack names matter? Actually, he doesn't have any original attack. He doesn't need to name any of his attacks since they already exist. Wait, are combos of moves one full attack?

These thoughts appeared in his mind until one involving Gaster appeared. He was interested so he decided to get Gaster's attention. "Hmm. interesting." Mark put a finger at the bottom of his skull and began rubbing it but quickly stopped since it made an irritating noise. 

Gaster glanced at him with his curiosity rising slightly. "What is it?"

"Well, if one half of your SOUL is in the void and the other is here. Are you currently getting two different perspectives at the same time or are you two separate entities?" He awaited Gaster's response hoping that the atmosphere doesn't become tense again.

Unfortunately, it did as Gaster's gaze shifted to Mark for a second. Even he didn't have a response since he was still processing what was going on as well. Mark could see the gears turning in his skull

After a few moments, he finally responded. "I am... still a single being. While I walk before you here, I am also standing in the void. I can somewhat see what my other self is doing and can communicate for it to do something. If I were to focus more on my void self than my half here will feel far away. Think of it like focusing through a single eye except more distant. So, it is a correct assumption that I can see at different perspectives."

Mark just gave him a look because that just sounded like a whole lot of nothing. "Why didn't you just say that then?"

Gaster's head turned sharply towards him as his sockets narrowed becoming a bit irritated with Mark's constant prattle. "I did say that."

He shook his skull while raising his hands somewhat defensively just in case. "No, you didn't. You kept dancing around it with bunch of different words and perspective talk when you could have just said. "Yeah, I can see through multiple perspectives. Lol." or "It's like using one eye at a time."

Hearing this only made Gaster roll his white lights. "Must you dumb down such complex concepts?"

"Well, yeah?" Mark replied as if it weren't obvious. "What? Do you expect me to get everything instantly? It's really a headache remembering these kinds of things."

He let a "Hmm" after hearing this before he smiled slightly. "I guess you are as smart as you look."

'Why does he keep using that line? I just don't prefer headaches. Is he trying to flex his intelligence or something? Is this his form of humor' Mark was a bit put off by this but tried his best not to show it as they finally arrived at Sans and Papyrus's house.

Mark stood in front of the door as he talked to Gaster while raising a finger. "Alright, don't go into their rooms while they are sleeping. Just wait until they are awa-"

Gaster pushed past him not letting him finish. "Yes, yes. I understand." He opened to door to see it was still dark inside the house as he walked around trying to find the light switch.

He felt like punching Gaster at this point as a tick appeared on his forehead as he followed close behind as he entered the house as well leaving the door open.

Both he and Gaster were in the middle of the room when the door suddenly shut behind them as a sudden chill ran up their spines. "D-did you."

"N-no."

They both turned around to see Breeze... just standing there. Menacingly. 

He was the one to close the door because for some reason he was behind it when Gaster had slammed it open

He was the one to close the door because for some reason he was behind it when Gaster had slammed it open. He wanted to be welcoming had a large smile.

The lights in his eyes were off until they suddenly came back on. Even with the lights of his sockets being turned back on, it only served to make him only look creepier as the only things visible were his eye lights and his smile.

He finally spoke. "Hell-"

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA/AAAAAAAAAAAAA-wai-." Mark recognized him and tried to tell Gaster... unfortunately....

Gaster: 

"WHAT IS ALL THE SCREAMING ABOUT!? NYAH!? WHO IS THAT IS THAT?!"

"geez. do we have another ghost in here or something? why are you all yelling.... wait? who..."

Now everyone in the house was awake and probably a couple of Neighbours as well.

_______________________________________________

Turns out a long time was just two months. A bit quicker than I remember.