Darkness await

As Drakthar's forces began their march toward the far-off Kingdom of the Holy, the ominous sound of dragon wings filled the skies. The kingdom had long been a peaceful and devout nation, relying on the sanctity of its faith and the protection of its divine order to safeguard its borders. However, they were ill-prepared for the ruthless power of Drakthar and its Dragon Empress, Valdrianna the Obsidian Wing.

The Invasion of the Kingdom of the Holy

The invasion was swift and brutal. Valdrianna’s dragonkin army, clad in obsidian armor, stormed through the capital city’s gates, their fire-breathing mounts scorching everything in their path. The holy knights of the kingdom, though brave, were no match for the technologically advanced dragonkin, who wielded not only brute force but ancient, arcane weaponry. The skies above the city darkened as Valdrianna’s personal dragons flew overhead, their shadows casting doom over the land.

Her message was clear: Drakthar had returned, and no one could stand in her way.

---

Valorcrest’s Preparation for War

Back in Valorcrest, the news of the invasion sent shockwaves through the kingdom. Sam and Marcus knew that Drakthar’s re-emergence was not a matter of isolated conquests. The Dragon Empress was making her move, and Valorcrest was next in her sights.

In response, Sam and Marcus launched a massive military build-up, shifting the kingdom's economy and industry into high gear. Valorcrest was not about to be caught unprepared. Sam, with his futuristic knowledge, began directing the development of Cold War-era technology, integrating what they knew from 2129 and adapting it for the current era.

Upgrading Valorcrest’s Military

The Air Force saw the rapid production of fighter jets and bombers that would become the backbone of their defense. The A-10 Thunderbolt II, known for its durability and devastating firepower, was put into production, designed to counter the dragons in the skies. The faster, more agile F-16 and F-18 fighter jets were also built in large numbers, their roles vital for dogfights against Drakthar’s aerial recon units.

Tanks and military vehicles were updated to match Cold War-era capabilities. The M1 Abrams and T-72 tanks, both designed to withstand powerful assaults, rolled off assembly lines. Humvees and other armored vehicles were retrofitted with advanced weapons systems, designed to combat both ground and aerial threats, especially the dragonkin soldiers who could tear through traditional infantry.

Anti-air defenses were enhanced, with radar-guided missile systems and railguns designed to detect and destroy incoming dragons before they could reach the city. In addition to these modern defenses, Sam worked on experimental anti-dragon weapons, blending ancient runes with modern technology to amplify their effectiveness.

---

Drakthar’s Recon Dragon Units

As the kingdom of Valorcrest strengthened its defenses, Drakthar wasn’t idle. Valdrianna sent out recon dragon units—smaller, more agile dragons equipped with surveillance technology to gather intelligence on the kingdom’s readiness. These recon units were faster than their larger counterparts, able to move through the skies undetected, but their main objective was to test the strength of Valorcrest’s air force.

Marcus, having received reports of the incoming recon dragons, ordered the Valorcrest Air Force to intercept. The skies over Valorcrest soon became a battlefield as the F-16s and F-18s screamed into the sky, their jet engines roaring in response to the invasion.

The first encounter was intense. The dragon units flew in coordinated patterns, using their agility and firepower to dodge the jets’ initial missile strikes. But the pilots of Valorcrest were highly trained, and after the first few dogfights, the dragons began to fall. The A-10 Thunderbolt II, with its infamous GAU-8 Avenger cannon, tore through the dragon’s scales with a relentless barrage of 30mm armor-piercing rounds. One by one, the recon dragons plummeted to the earth, their bodies riddled with holes.