The exploration

As Malakaroth flew through the stormy skies, his once powerful wings now felt heavy with defeat. The wind howled around him as he made his way to Orc Island, where his old ally awaited. The islands of this world, each with their own climates and seasons, were a constant reminder of how different and unpredictable this world was. Malakaroth, who once relished in power and control, now felt the sting of bitterness. He hated flying, and every island he passed through seemed to mock him with its weather.

After what felt like an eternity, Malakaroth finally descended upon the Orc Island. The storm over the island raged, rain pouring down in sheets and thunder echoing through the mountains. He landed at the entrance to his old comrade's stronghold, feeling the weight of his failure. With a heavy hand, he knocked on the massive, weathered door.

As he stood there, soaked from the rain and his mind consumed with memories, he remembered how he and his orc ally had once spoken of ruling the world together. Those days seemed distant now, swallowed by his humiliating defeat. The door opened, revealing the orc chieftain, a hulking figure with battle scars etched into his skin. Malakaroth gave a weary nod as the chieftain let him inside, where the warmth of the fire and the smell of mead filled the air.

Meanwhile, in Valorcrest, Sam and Marcus were sitting in the grand hall, discussing the world map Sam had found in Abyssal Dominion’s capital. The map was sprawled out on the table between them, its details showing vast lands they had yet to explore.

"This world is far bigger than we thought," Sam said, his eyes scanning the edges of the map where uncharted lands lay. "I think it's time we look beyond our borders and see what's out there. No more wars, no more destruction—just discovery."

Marcus nodded thoughtfully, staring at the map. "We've been fighting for so long, maybe it's time we find something new. A world beyond the constant battles."

The two leaders agreed that exploration would be their next great endeavor, but for now, they would stay in Valorcrest to help rebuild. They focused on making their kingdom stronger, not just militarily, but economically and socially. Sam and Marcus set up a system of governance where they, along with Alara, Aislin, and Seraphine, would sit at the head of a council. Below them, elders, representatives of the military, farmers, and common citizens all had a voice in decision-making. It was a collaborative system, ensuring that the kingdom continued to grow and thrive.

With time, Valorcrest flourished. The economy boomed as trade routes with the other kingdoms opened up, and the military began to rebuild itself from the devastation of the war. Sam, always restless, found it hard to truly relax. His mind was constantly on the next big project—building up their kingdom’s technological and logistical capabilities for future expeditions.

One of his major goals was the construction of the massive Antonov AN-225 Mriya, the largest transport plane in existence. With the help of the dwarves and dark elves, it was a monumental project, taking months of hard work. But Sam’s vision never wavered, and eventually, they succeeded in creating the giant aircraft, capable of carrying vast amounts of cargo, vehicles, and even troops to far-off lands.

As Sam worked on the AN-225, he also focused on building a fleet of helicopters for exploration. The CH-47 Chinook became the backbone of this fleet, capable of transporting troops trained in survival and exploration across all types of environments. The Chinook was outfitted to carry vehicles, supplies, and anything they might need for long expeditions. Alongside it, the UH-1 Huey was modified for combat support, with machine guns and missiles mounted for defense. These helicopters were a key part of Sam’s vision for exploring the uncharted lands shown on the map.

While Sam busied himself with preparations for exploration, Marcus allowed himself to take a break from the constant pressure of leadership. He spent his days with Empress Valdrianna and Dark Elf Queen Elandra, enjoying moments of peace and quiet. Together, they walked through the serene gardens of Valorcrest, laughing and enjoying the calm after the storm of war. Marcus, for the first time in what felt like years, felt a sense of relief. He could rest knowing that the kingdom was safe and thriving.