The Escape

"What are you doing here?" Gumball asked with narrowed eyes as he held his siblings close. "You're supposed to be in jail!"

"Ever heard of 'good behavior', kid? That's how." Sal answered with venom in his voice. The fingerprint looked down at the unconscious Rob, and began to drag him inside a nearby van... of course it was a van.

The kids watched him, still frozen in terror. How did they end up in this situation, and why?

"What are we going to do?" Darwin whispered after watching the criminal for a moment. "We can't stay here, but we also can't leave Rob!"

"I-..." Gumball was lost, he had no clue what to do. Normally, there was at least one convenient item during the universe's daily shenanigans, but this time there was nothing... they went to the quieter part of town.

Barely anybody resided here, there weren't many items the kids could use the weapons... it was just, Elmore, but less... like Elmore.

Anais sighed. "We need a plan. When we were at the gas station, didn't that guy like... have a spoon of all things for a weapon?"

"He did," Gumball said. "And he was robbing a gas station like you just said... granted, it had a giant safe, but he wasn't all that much of a threat compared to other things now that I think about it."

"Let's not hold our breath, it's been a while since that happened. Maybe he got smarter..." Darwin whimpered at the thought and the fish hugged his brother tighter.

The cat rubbed the fish's head comfortingly. "We'll figure something out, buddy. We always do!"

"Not this time." Sal interrupted, staring at the kids with an evil grin. "So, let's get this out of the way first. Are you brats going to make this easy or hard? I advise you choose wisely."

"What?"

"Are you going to cooperate, or not?"

The Watterson siblings all exchanged glances with one another, and started to stand up much to Sal's liking... before Gumball grabbed his siblings' arms and took off running in the other direction.

Sal, caught off guard, screamed in frustration and the fingerprint began to run after them, like a police car chasing a criminal - however it was more of the other way around this time.

The fingerprint stopped and looked back at the van, where he held one of the kids. If he ran off to chase the other three, he risked both being unsuccessful and the one he currently had waking up and escaping. The fingerprint had no choice but to call backup... Andre hired plenty of that.

XXXXX

Gumball could barely breathe, since he felt like he was usually the one under the most pressure, and to make it worse, he wasn't normally athletic unless he had to be... but if he stopped to catch his breath, he risked his siblings' and his own safety, therefore he couldn't. The cat began to regret not listening to coach in gym class, especially in a predicament like this one.

Sure, they weren't being chased by angry dogs - although Sal felt equivalent to that in their eyes - nor did they drop a pen, but Gumball wished he hadn't made the mistakes of merely humiliating himself in class that day and pointing out how unlikely the coach's made-up situations were instead of actually learning how to get out of them. While they were unrealistic to everyone else, he was a Watterson - chaos happens everyday for him.

Now wasn't the time to beat himself up, the cat noticed an abandoned building in the distance - yes, there it is! The convenient item that was always there as mentioned before!