The Epiphany

"Rob? Rooob? Ugh, whatever. I'll go in, then. Make sure the brats know their place now and don't escape."

Rob heard Sal slam the van door shut, and the cyclops ruffled his hair in stress. He was unsure of what was even going on anymore. Was Sal right? Was Gumball right? His mind was telling him that Gumball was right in this situation all along, and had done hardly anything to warrant... a smile being cut into his face, or anything that happened to him and his family throughout this entire thing.

However, his gut told him to stick with Sal unless... well, he didn't know what would happen, the cyclops just knew that if he opted to betray the fingerprint, the results wouldn't be pretty.

He shut his eye, and began to think about everything. He tried to remember anything, but preferably everything, and all that came up was static ringing in his ears, and an endless darkness that dwelled in his mind. He wasn't going to give up, especially not in an urgent manner like this.

Finally... something popped up - or, it was more like a slideshow of events that was going as fast as a rabbit.

First, he was stuck in the sewers, then, he was in... an odd dimension with Gumball, Darwin and Mr. Small bouncing around specific objects and platforms, then, he was in the mall, and finally... he was in the bushes, shaking Gumball endlessly even though the cat had a dumb smile on his face.

The sewers. Right. He caught the DVD for Gumball and Darwin and threw it away in anger after they referred to him by the wrong name for the umpteenth time... then, he was sent to that god-awful dimension, it had to be that 'void' that Sal mentioned earlier. He was in the mall, hiding behind plant after plant and wall after wall, trying to ruin Gumball's life, and... the bushes, he remembered painting Banana Joe in a darker light than Gumball, but the cat didn't like that for whatever reason and caused the cyclops to snap.

Sal was right, the Wattersons didn't sound all that good... but on the other hand, he wasn't the best person towards them either, and like they say, two wrongs don't make a right.

Was Sal doing the right thing? Was his father doing the right thing? Was he doing the right thing? Rob couldn't tell anymore, and even though he knew that two wrongs don't make a right, he figured it was too late to fix anything... no, that's an awful mentality. The cyclops figured something was missing, and even though Sal's story was really convincing, especially in the beginning, Rob couldn't bring himself to trust him anymore, especially after hurting Gumball.

The pictures in the cyclops' mind went on rewind, and this time... those memories struck him like lightning. He remembered being originally fond of Gumball and Darwin and openly wanting to be their friend. He remembered not being too mad with them at first... he remembered being vengeful after remembering the void, he remembered trying to ruin Gumball's life twice at the mall, and... he remembered snapping for the final time at the cat.

The cat wasn't hard to hate, but... he was just misguided. He was misunderstood, misinterpreted... by everyone. Both he and his family were on the list of the most unpopular citizens in Elmore. Rob knew, now. He knew that Gumball and his siblings were in the right in this predicament. Even if they played a pretty big role in Rob's depressing backstory, specifically the eldest two children, the cyclops didn't want to put that pressure on them - it's not like they knew what the void even was, and he remembered that he's grown to accept it by now.