Chapter five: Arriving at Outpost Nova/A dead spartan

A/N: Heres chapter five, I apologize for it taking long and all... I hope you guys like it.

3rd Person Pov

(The Pelican Carrying Fire Team Caius was approaching Outpost Nova... As they got there, Spartan Merrick was in the comm with Sarah Palmer.)

Spartan Merrick: We're here at the base Commander.

Sarah Palmer: (Comm) Good. Proceed with Caution. According to Captain Knightly, the base is filled with maximum security weaponry. If you trip an alarm, the weapons will activate and tear you apart.

Spartan Jackson: Don't worry Commander, we added an Artificial Intelligence who can read out our name and respond to our voices.

(Sarah was surprised and was glad to add them to the group.) 

Sarah Palmer: (Comm) Good to here Lieutenant. Stay safe.

(Sarah Ended the Comm... Spartan Merrick and Jackson walked out of the cockpit to the rest of the team as the Pelican Descended.)

Spartan Merrick: Alright, listen up.... We find the doctor and bring her home safe and sound, you see any enemies in the base eliminate them.

Both: YES SIR!!!

(Spartan Merrick turned to Spectre.)

Spartan Merrick: Spectre, i want you to gather intel of what happened in the base. Since you have an AI with you, i want you to inspect the bodies.

Y/N: Consider it done sir.

(As the Pelican landed, the team came out of the Pelican and started to pull out their weapons... Spectre pulled out his weapons and started following the squad.)

Spartan Jackson: This was the RDA's base before, but now it's ours.

Spartan Vanessa: If you speak up, it'll trigger the alarm. 

Spartan Merrick: Lead the way troopers.

(As the spartans pushed forward, Spartan Merrick saw a dead spartan leaning against the wall.)

 Selena: Spectre is that a spartan?

Y/N: Looks like.

Spartan Merrick: Get her up close Spectre.

Y/N: Yes sir.

(Spectre walked up to the dead spartan and inspected his demise.)

Selena: He was guarding the entrance to the base, and he was holding a DMR in his hands

Selena: He was guarding the entrance to the base, and he was holding a DMR in his hands... Let me see if i can find out about him... Scan complete, this is spartan four Leon Jennings. Armor's been offline for almost six days.

Y/N: Cause of death?

Selena: An energy blade. According to my intel he was guarding the outpost until something came from behind him, he didn't see it comin.

(Spartan Merrick was surprised.)

Spartan Merrick: Damn... Alright team let's go check it out.

Y/N: You go ahead sir, I'll gather the pieces of what happened here.

Spartan Merrick: Alright son. Stay safe and remember, alert us. We cannot afford to loose another one of our squad mates.

Y/N: Yes sir.

(As They approached the inside of the base, Vanessa activated the power to the Ai.)

Ai: Welcome to outpost nova.

(Spartan Vanessa put her hand on the scanner.)

Ai: Prints of Spartan Vanessa is recognized, welcome back trooper.

Spartan Vanessa: Greatings Tessa... We came back here to rescue someone in the base, this fire team Caius. They're not a threat.

Ai: I understand Spartan... Access granted.

(The team walked in.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(To Be Continued)