Nursery (Drarry)

Harry's P.O.V.

I never imagined that decorating a nursery for Draco would involve quite so many skulls and rocks. Yet here we were, setting up a space that was equal parts eerie and adorable—just like him.

Draco sat in the middle of the room, legs crossed and head tilted as he examined the pile of objects in front of him. He'd already lined up a few smooth stones along the windowsill, creating what he called his "moonstone garden," though I was pretty sure those were just pebbles from outside. His pacifier bobbed in his mouth as he inspected each item, his little plush bunny tucked under one arm.

"Are you sure you don't want more color?" I asked, holding up the bright pink plushie that was the lone pop of brightness in this shadowy room.

Draco glanced up, his silver eyes narrowing slightly as he sucked on the pacifier thoughtfully. "No," he mumbled around the paci, before pulling it out with a small pop. "Pink is for you, not me."

I chuckled, shaking my head. "Right. Silly me. Of course, skulls and stones are much more your style."

He nodded seriously, already moving on to another pile—a stack of bones and little carved figures. "These are going on the shelf. Right here." He pointed at the empty shelf above the rocking chair, his brow furrowed in concentration.

I wasn't sure what half the items were, but if it made Draco feel safe and happy, then I was all for it. I'd let him fill this nursery with as many skulls, bones, and magical stones as he liked. After all, it was his space—his sanctuary.

Carefully, I picked up the skull mask he had set aside. "This one's a bit intense for a nursery, don't you think?"

Draco shrugged, padding over to me in his fuzzy black jumper, looking more like a shadow than anything else. "I like it." He reached out, taking the mask from my hands and putting it on. His little fingers adjusted the straps around his head, and he peered up at me through the hollowed eyes of the skull, completely unfazed by the eerie effect.

"Alright," I said, stifling a smile as I leaned down to ruffle his messy blonde hair. "But maybe save that for when we have visitors. Don't want to scare anyone off."

Draco's lips twitched in amusement, though he didn't laugh. "Visitors are boring."

I grinned at that, setting the mask back down. "And what about this?" I asked, holding up a lantern that looked as if it had seen better days. "Are we going camping in the nursery too?"

"Mmhm," Draco nodded enthusiastically, bouncing a bit on his heels. "I like the dark, but sometimes I like the light too."

"That's good," I said, placing the lantern on his bedside table. "We'll use this when we read stories."

Draco's paci found its way back into his mouth, and he looked around the room with an expression of deep satisfaction. He was clearly proud of his little creation—a place that was dark but comforting, strange but warm. It was so very him, and I wouldn't change a thing about it.

"Think we're done?" I asked, standing beside him and surveying the room.

He nodded, eyes bright behind the pacifier, and he tugged at my sleeve. "We need stars," he mumbled around the paci.

I blinked, looking down at him. "Stars?"

He nodded again, more insistently this time. "On the ceiling. Like the night sky. I want to sleep under the stars."

I smiled at his request. Of course, he would want the night sky to complete the room. It was the perfect touch—a little bit of light to balance all the shadows.

"Alright, little one. Let's get some stars."

In this scene, Harry embraces Draco's unique tastes while decorating the nursery, making sure it's a space where Draco feels at home and comforted, even if that means including skulls and bones alongside soft plushies and stars.