Memories (Request)

Severus Snape stirred in his sleep as dawn's first light filtered into his room at Spinner's End. His dreams were filled with fragmented images of potions, dark alleys, and a comforting presence he couldn't place. The weight of his past felt heavier than ever, blurring the lines between reality and dreams.

Regulus Black stood at the threshold, a hesitant smile playing on his lips. Silently, he approached the bed and gently shook Severus's shoulder. "Sev, it's time to wake up."

Severus groaned, blinking up at Regulus with bleary eyes. Recognition dawned, and a faint smile touched his lips. "Reg, what time is it?"

"Early," Regulus replied softly, helping Severus sit up. "How are you feeling?"

"Tired," Severus admitted, rubbing his eyes. The burdens of their past weighed heavily on him, and Regulus had noticed the subtle changes: increased vulnerability, occasional confusion, and Severus's growing dependency on him.

"Let's get you cleaned up," Regulus suggested, guiding Severus to the bathroom. Under the warm shower, Severus felt a sense of calm wash over him, cherishing these simple moments that grounded him.

Meanwhile, Sirius Black paced restlessly in the kitchen. He had reluctantly agreed to this arrangement, knowing it was best for Severus but struggling with his own feelings. Despite their fraught history, seeing Severus's current state evoked a deep protectiveness in him.

"Morning, Sirius," Regulus greeted his brother. "Did you sleep well?"

"About as well as you'd expect," Sirius replied. "How's Severus?"

"Adjusting," Regulus said softly. "He's starting to find some peace."

When Severus joined them for breakfast, Sirius couldn't resist a teasing smirk. "Well, look who's finally awake. Did you have your beauty sleep, Snivellus?"

Severus stiffened, his face flushing with a mixture of embarrassment and irritation. "Shut up, Black," he muttered, reaching for a piece of toast. He tried to focus on his breakfast, but Sirius's jabs continued, each one chipping away at his fragile composure.

Regulus noticed the subtle shift in Severus's demeanor, the way his shoulders hunched and his eyes darted nervously. "Sirius, enough," Regulus said firmly, shooting his brother a warning look. "We don't need this right now."

Sirius rolled his eyes but backed off, muttering under his breath. Severus, however, was already retreating inward, the familiar feeling of regression creeping over him. He tried to hide it, taking slow, measured breaths and avoiding eye contact.

After breakfast, Regulus led Severus to the living room, where old photo albums awaited. "I thought it might be nice to look through some memories," Regulus explained, sitting beside him. Severus nodded, though his mind was still reeling from Sirius's teasing.

As they flipped through the pages, Regulus kept a close eye on Severus. He noticed the way his friend's hands trembled slightly, how he seemed to struggle to focus on the pictures. "Sev, are you okay?" Regulus asked gently.

Severus forced a smile, nodding. "I'm fine, Reg. Just a bit tired, that's all."

Regulus wasn't convinced. He placed a hand on Severus's shoulder, squeezing gently. "It's okay, you know. You don't have to hide how you're feeling."

Severus's eyes welled up with tears, and he looked away, ashamed. "I just... I don't want to be a burden."

Regulus pulled him into a gentle hug. "You're not a burden, Severus. We're in this together, remember? It's okay to need help."

Severus clung to Regulus, the tension slowly melting away. For the first time in a long time, he allowed himself to let go, trusting that Regulus would catch him. And as they sat there, surrounded by memories of the past, Severus felt a flicker of hope for the future.

In the quiet of the evening, as they settled down for the night, Severus felt a sense of peace that he hadn't known in years. With Regulus by his side and Sirius watching over them, he knew he wasn't alone. For the first time in a long time, Severus allowed himself to believe in a brighter tomorrow.

End
664 words