Feels Like The First Time

TW: Very brief mention of body image

SMUT WARNING - But there's also plenty of fluff in the first half :) 

It had been months since they had any time alone, just the two of them. They loved their daughter and they loved every second they spent with her, but they had to admit they'd missed their date nights.

Winter spent days planning the perfect anniversary date for them, agonizing over every detail to give Autumn the best night that he possibly could. The kind of night worthy of their love, worthy of her. He knew that no matter what he planned Autumn would be happy, she always insisted being with him was all she ever needed. But date nights had been so incredibly important to Winter and Autumn during their relationship that he wanted to get this right. She was his everything and he would do everything in his power to prove that to her.

All of their favorite date nights were spent the same way: dinner at their favorite restaurant before spending the rest of the night in one of the many secluded areas they'd found throughout their relationship. Places where no one could interrupt their time together, away from the seemingly ever present eyes of the gossipy parents from the nursery studying their every move to report back to their Whatsapp groups. Places where they could be completely themselves; completely able to shed the pretense and expectations the world put on them and just be themselves. Places where the only things that mattered were Winter and Autumn and the intense love that they shared. A love that they both felt so lucky to have found.

So Winter made all the arrangements. He booked their dinner reservation, making sure to secure their favorite table; a booth in the very back of the restaurant that provided the most privacy; and bought Autumn's favorite wine and cheeses for their dessert picnic under the stars. The night would be simple, elegant, and romantic; exactly as the couple liked it.

Winter had not been able to keep his eyes off of Autumn from the moment she came down the stairs in that dress. That dress. The one from their first dinner together. She chose this dress because she knew that it was the quickest way to grab her husband's attention. The second that Winter told her about his plans to go out again she dug the dress out of the back of her closet, hoping that after nearly two years and a baby it still had the desired effect. After a few quick alterations by her usual tailor the dress fit her even more perfectly than it had when Winter first saw it. And judging by the look on his face, it hadn't lost its power.

And Autumn knew how to use that power to her advantage, to give her the confidence boost she had been desperately needing since Rose was born. It was no secret that Autumn and Winter were an extremely physical couple. Everyone in the nursery would make jokes about them "giving bunnies a run for their money." They never felt the need to change anyone's mind because they were right. Winter and Autumn loved loving each other; it was as if their bodies were made especially to fit together.

After having Rose, sex was the furthest thing from Autumn's mind. Her body needed time to heal and her mind was focused on keeping her daughter safe and healthy. On top of that her body had changed. She thought there was no way that Winter would want to be with her again in that way. He had always called her perfect and a goddess and now she looked so different.

She worried that Winter would think of her differently now.

But that couldn't have been further from the truth. She saw his eyes glued to her as she drove them into town, she felt his hand sliding further and further up her thigh, she felt her mood shift as she basked in the desire that Winter felt for her. The second that the car was parked, Winter made his way over to the driver's side to help Autumn out of the car. As their hands touched she felt a familiar chill run down her spine, one she felt every time they touched but she had been ignoring it because she hadn't been ready to take that step yet. But she was starting to feel like herself again, there was no telling where the night might lead.