Chapter Ten: A Different Time

January 25th, 2006

Somewhere in New York City...

In the middle of the night, a scream pierces throughout the quiet street. It comes from a basic two-house with a garage; inside a tiny bedroom. A pissed-off gigantic balding British man with a light stubble and brown eyes pins a petite black-haired woman against the double bed. He grips her throat as she chokes and struggles to escape his grasp. Her body goes limp, and the door to the bedroom suddenly opens. A skinny teenager stands in the doorway with a kitchen knife in his right hand. The British man jumps off the black-haired woman.

"What do you think you're doing you fucking, prick." The British man cracks his knuckles.

"What did you do!?".

"Shut up, Troy, if I wanted to hear bitching, I would have kept your whore mother alive."

"What are-"

"She sent your biological father a letter in prison! I wasn't having none of that bullshit!"

"So you killed her," Troy says emotionless. He tightens his grip on the kitchen knife.

"Well, I don't know about that. But if I did... I only did my part in taking out the trash! Why don't you go fuck yourself you seventeen-year-old man child!" He says with a wide smirk.

Troy doesn't say a word. He only stands there looking at the man who might off killed his mother. His eye twitches and something inside him turns on. He goes charging straight at the balding man with no care in the world. The British man tries to move out of the way, but the pointy tip of the knife pierces straight his shoulder. Troy lets out a primal roar as he falls on top of the man who hurt his mother. He repeatedly tries to poke more holes inside of him but doesn't land any more from being smacked straight in the nose-the kitchen knife drops to the carpeted ground with a thud. The balding man uses all of his strength to throw skinny Troy flying across the room. He bangs against the walls as the balding man gets up holding his bloody shoulder-before limping through the doorway. Troy slowly gets up heading straight towards his limp mother lying on the double bed. He sits on the bed and looks at his mother; she's wearing nothing but a black bra and some pink underwear. He doesn't linger too long on her appearance and feels for a pulse. She's luckily breathing, and Troy lets a sigh of relief before looking at the doorway... Feeling a presence, and he wasn't wrong, his ten-year-old brother Jason looked at him horrified as he tightly hugged a brown teddy bear.

A violent cough erupted from the black-haired woman, she sat up with a bewildered look at Troy as she felt around her neck.

"Are you okay ma? What happened?" Troy says softly.

"Fuck off, please!!" The black-haired man screams at the top of her lungs while tears begin to stream down her face.

Troy backs up slowly towards where his little brother is visibly shaking. His Teddy bear is the only thing calming him down sightly. He shields him from the blood putting his body in front of him as he walks him back into his room...

Watching him try to get comfortable, Troy kneels beside him so he is face to-face with his little brother.

"You know he was a bad man right, Jason."

"What do you mean!? I thought he was a good man!?" Jason says, his soft voice trembling.

"I thought that as well, Jason. I thought he was the father we were always meant to have." Troy says looking away for a moment.

"But he wasn't. He was just a worser version of our real father." Troy looks back at Jason with his empty dark brown eyes.

Jason burst into tears, turning to face the wall with the blanket over his head. His sobs get louder and Troy doesn't know how to respond and to comfort his brother who will most likely be traumatised for the rest of his life. But he knows one thing has to do for certain; hunt down his step-father, Greg, and hurt him like he did to his dear mother...