Chapter Four: Day of Reckoning

Somewhere in New York City...

In the backseat of an Uber, I scroll through my phone with the rain dripping down the windows. Looking outside my side of the window, I see a cop car go flying past. Its sirens blare through the city as I near my destination.

Returning to your mother's home, I hop out of the backseat of the Uber before entering. Strolling up the tiny corridor. I turn the corner to see my mother chilling in the kitchen. She's cooking something on the stove as Pop music bounces off the walls.

"Mum," I say loudly trying to talk over the music.

She looks back but doesn't bother paying attention to me. She just continues to cook while swaying to the music.

"Mum, for fuck sake dads in the hospital!"

"Does it look like I give two shits Jason, you go take care of that manchild!"

"You one of a kind aren't you mum!"

"Get out now, before I call the police right now and tell them both about your bullshit."

"You'd do that huh."

"If I had to get rid of you, yes, I would Jason, with no hesitation."

"Fuck you," I say as storming outside her house, almost breaking the door by slamming it.

5:44 PM

Arriving back at my girlfriend's house, I see two cop cars parked in front. I decide to head back to my mother's. When I do tho, I see a sketchy black SUV parked in the driveway. Walking up to the front door that's been broken into. I rush inside to see a trail of blood leading to the bathroom. Following it, I'm horrified to see my mother floating in a bath full of her blood. She is completely naked as blood drips from her slit throat, she also has a long cut down her left arm that pours out blood. I feel sick to my stomach as I quickly retreat because of the smell. Holding my shirt over my nose, I slowly go back in...

Troy

As Troy holds the phone against his ear, he stands there wide-eyed as it begins to rain heavily. He then gets in his car, still not answering the receiver.

"You there Troy?"

"Yeah, I just don't know if I heard you right. My father?!"

"Yep, he's alive and kicking as far as we know."

"And you said he's at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital?"

"Correct. What are you gonna do about it boss?"

"I'm gonna show him there's only one person that deserves the last name Hound. And that's fucking me."

"What about Jason?"

"As I said, I am the only one worthy of the surname Hound. He will fall as well, either in a cell or in a grave."

"Your one evil fucker for a fed."

"I wasn't born a fed, Tin-Tin."

Both of them hung up as the silence sat throughout the dim forest. Troy then fired up his engine. Setting off towards NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital.

When he got there, he was greeted by the full lobby of patients and junkies. Passing the line, he walked up to the receptionist before asking about William Hound.

"I'm his son."

A young nurse promptly guided him to his room. When Troy got there; he saw his father knocked with something over his mouth. It was an oxygen mask, and as Troy got closer he saw the man who abandoned him twenty-six years ago.

He felt hatred, sadness, and every emotion you could get from reuniting with a dead family member. But none of them are real. Except for the hatred that drove him to slit his throat right now in this crowded hospital. It was like in the blink of an eye and he was spurting out blood from his neck. He tried to say something but couldn't over the blood generated in his mouth.

"Son-" he could barely speak as he gasped for air.

"You deserve to rot in hell you, fuck."

The pulse machine started to beep, Troy looked behind him to see that same young nurse now standing in the doorway petrified. She stood there frozen for a second before a tear rolled down her eye.

"Please... don't."

"Come little one."

Troy motioned with his finger to come towards him. She didn't, only staring at him terrified.

"You alright, Tiffany?" A male voice said to the right of her.

Troy didn't take his eyes off her, almost staring into her soul with a look of hatred he gave to his father.

"You better speak wisely." He whispered, arming himself with his Glock 9.

"Or otherwise, you both won't be making." He quietly whispered again.

"You good, Amy? Seem like something making you shit your pants."

"It's fine, I just thought I saw something." The young nurse's voice trembles as she starts to shake. The young man notices it and freezes. He puts his hand on his gun while asking if she's okay. She slightly shakes her head, before her face gets blown off.

The young officer is a coward and screams, taking off in the opposite direction. He doesn't make it far as Troy comes running out before shooting him right in the left thigh. He falls hard as screams even louder in agony. Troy takes his time as he walks up to him before finishing him off with a bullet to the head.

He then puts his Glock 9 away, as the sound of people scream in the reception; a signal for him to get the fuck outta there

Coming through the back door with a man shouting for him to stop, he closes it before he runs towards his Mustang.

Closing the door to his Ford Mustang with a loud thud; he revs the engine before taking off. The officer lets a couple shots of at his vehicle but misses. He curses to himself as Troy speeds down the road.

Troy arrives back at his mother's place, hopping out of his vehicle. He walks up to the front door before banging on the screen door...