5. He can sing?!

// Please play the song when asked //

After a few minutes, Natsu and Zeref sat at a table in the guild. Team Natsu apart from Gray sat on tables around them looking at the brothers in awe. Gray and other members who didn't trust Zeref stood far away leaning on the walls keeping a watchful eye on Zeref.
The rest of the guild carried on their regular routine while occasionally glancing at Natsu smiling at his brother.

"Nii-chan? Can you sing for me please?" Natsu asked out of nowhere. This brought the attention of everyone in the guild.

"Zeref can sing?" A random member asked

"Yeah, and he played the guitar! Sometimes he would play me songs before I went to bed! I sometimes sing with him"

"Natsu, you have to remember that was 400 years ago" Zeref tried to remind him also Zeref was kind of shy playing infront of so many people.

"Please Zeref-nii!" Natsu begged with puppy eyes and brought out his bottom lip knowing that Zeref couldn't resist that face.

"Uh um I-I"

"Here you can use this" Mira brought an acoustic guitar to Zeref in hopes to hear him play. Even members who hated Zeref were curious to hear him play but pretended to not care at all.

"Alright fine, but you're singing with me" Zeref sighed as he looked at Natsu.

"Alright!" Natsu shouted as he fist-pumped the air.

Members of the guild took seats around the Dragneel Brothers all looking super excited while Zeref looked super nervous.

"You can do it Nii-chan!" Natsu encouraged. Zeref just smiled at him little brother, tuned the guitar took a deep breath and started playing.

(Play Video)
//Because Natsu's so young his voice is high pitched that's why he's singing the female parts. Sorry if you don't like that//

Zeref singing
Natsu singing
Both singing

Loving can hurt
Loving can hurt sometimes
But it's the only thing that I know
But when it gets hard
You know it can get hard sometimes
It is the only thing that makes us feel alive

We keep this love in a photograph
We made these memories for ourselves
Where our eyes are never closing
Hearts are never broken
Times forever frozen still

So you can keep me
Inside the pocket of your ripped jeans
Holding me closer til our eyes meet
You won't ever be alone
Wait for me to come home

The guild members started in awe at the two brothers. They were astonished to see and hear the evil black wizard playing guitar and singing. Their voices complimented each other's effortlessly.

Loving can heal
Loving can mend your soul
And it's the only thing that I know
I swear it will get easier
Remember that with every piece of ya
And it's the only we take with us when we die

We keep this love in a photograph
We made these memories for ourselves
Where our eyes are never closing
Hearts are never broken
Times forever frozen still

So you can keep me
Inside the pocket of your ripped jeans
Holding me closer til our eyes meet
You won't ever be alone
And if you hurt me
Well that's okay baby
Only words bleed
Inside these pages you just hold me
And I won't ever let you go
Wait for me to come home

Oh and you can fit me
Inside the necklace
You got when you were 16
Next to your heartbeat where I should be
Keep it deep within your soul
And if you hurt me
Well that's okay baby
Only words bleed
Inside these pages you just hold me
And I won't ever let you go

When I'm away
I will remember how you kissed me
Under the lamppost back on
Back on 6th Street
Hearing you whisper through the phone
Wait for me to come home.

The two brothers got lost in the song and forgot they were in the guild. They both felt like they were back home singing in front of their parents and occasionally, neighbours and friends.

So when the whole guild stood up and clapped and cheered and a few even cried, it surprised the two brothers. Mavis was sitting on the wooden supports of the roof looking down at the two brothers. She was also in tears.

Members like Gray, Laxus and Gajeel all stayed at the back of the guildhall pretended they didn't listen or like the song but secretly found it entertaining and somewhat enjoyable.

"You still got it Nii-chan!" Natsu smiled at his big bro.
"No, we still got it" Zeref said as he hugged his little brother with one arm.

"That was incredible! The Dragneel Brothers are awesome!" Happy yelled.

"You bet we're awesome!" Natsu shouted.

"That was so beautiful! Your voices complemented each other so well" Lucy said as she was moved to tears.

"T-Thank you, this is the first time we've sung for such a large audience" Zeref scratched the back of his head embarrassed. He was especially embarrassed because he could somehow sense Mavis looking and listening to them.

Zeref heard soft snoring and felt a pressure on his arm. He looked down to see Natsu had fallen asleep. Still works he thought to himself.