Chapitre 11

Chapter Eleven (Behind Bars)

But the wolf did not allow the children to escape and began to devour them one by one, to the point that the child Band was trembling with fear and froze in place until morning.

The scene returns to the man: I had been lying on the floor inside the cage in the same position that when the sun rose, I did not move from my spot. Fear had completely taken over me. I did not dare to move from my place either during the day or at night. The wolves were a nightmare lurking around me, and I feared that this nightmare would become a reality. For three days, I remained inside that cage without moving, and the wolves came at night to feast on the flesh of my older brother and the rest of my siblings for three days. On the fourth day, I was on the verge of death, unable to even move. Fear, along with lack of sleep, hunger, and thirst, had drained all my strength. I heard the sound of a group of people, oh my God, a massacre has happened here.

The man: The horrible smell attracted the villagers, as some children, when they tried to escape, got stuck in places that the wolves could not reach and died there from broken necks, while others died from fear and terror due to heart attacks.

The villagers: It seems there are no survivors; everyone is dead.

A man's voice while holding his nose: I found one under the cage; it emits a horrible smell, but it is not the smell of a dead person, oh my God.

And the man began to vomit; he could not bear the smell of death, let alone the sight of Band in that condition.

One of the men came to see the child and said: Oh, he is alive, but this is the smell of feces. It seems he hasn't moved from his place for more than a day. They carried him to their village and reported to the police about what happened.

Band is shown taking a shower and starting to eat food voraciously in one of the villagers' homes. He began to cry while eating until the man who hosted him approached and told him that he had gone through a tough time and should thank God for his survival, as he was the only survivor among 20 children. Band continued to stay in the village for three days.

Until a fat officer came to the house of the village chief who hosted Band.

The fat policeman addressed the village chief: There were twenty children; they all died. Some were killed by the wolf, while others died from heart attacks. But it's strange how this one survived alone; isn't that odd, chief?

The chief replied angrily: Officer, you cannot ask the survivor how he survived; it is beyond human control.

The officer replied: I don't care what you say, old man.

I will come tomorrow with an arrest warrant for the child; he is accused of killing all his companions, I mean the 20 children; there is no wolf.

The chief was surprised and said: What about the forensic evidence? They were preyed upon by the wolf; even a fool knows that.

The officer, smiling wickedly: There are no wolves in a residential area, and as for the doctors, they can be silenced with some money. Hahaha. Old man, do not interfere, and you know well what I can do.

The chief: Yes, I know that.

After the fat officer left

The chief sat in his chair, puzzled, until one of his brothers came to him and asked what the officer was doing there.

The chief answered: He wants to take the child. 
The man replied: That's good; his staying here is not easy. We don't even know who his family is. I know you have no children, which is why you are attached to him, but give him to the lawmen; it is the best path for the child and for us; they will take him to a better orphanage.