Chapter 8 - 'I Know A Lot About You That Other People Don't'

"I just want to talk to her," Jungkook said to Namjoon.

"Well maybe she doesn't want to talk to you," Namjoon scoffed. "I mean you broke her heart, why would she listen to what you have to say?"

"Please Namjoon?" Jungkook begged. "I know you hate me but let me speak with her!"

"Hold on," Namjoon sighed. He slammed the door in Jungkook's face and looked over at me. "He wants to talk to you."

"Yeah, I heard," I sighed. I thought about it before saying anything. Did I really want to talk to Jungkook? Definitely not after what he had done to me. Then again, I wanted to hear an apology from him. Maybe that's what he came to do. "I guess I'll hear him out."

"What?" Namjoon whisper-yelled. "Why?"

"Because I need an apology from him," you replied. Joonie glared at me before walking to the couch and flopping down beside me.

"Fine," he sighed. "Do what you want. I don't give a shit."

I stood up and stiffly walked over to the door. I opened it slowly and saw that familiar face I had grown to love...and then hate. His brown eyes looked darker than before, almost black, and were red and puffy, his hair was a mess and he looked exhausted.

"Emma," he sighed as I closed the door behind me, a small smile stretching across his face. His eyes lit up and he took my hand in his. I pulled it away before I got too comfortable with it and folded my arms to stop him from trying to take it again. He looked me up and down and kept smiling. "You look amazing," he whispered.

"Amazing?" I scoffed. "I have a scarf on my head and permanent hollowed out cheekbones, this does not look amazing."

"Well, I think you're beautiful," he giggled while looking down. I stared at him while he looked at the ground. He didn't seem like his usual cocky, cool self. He was jumpy, jittery, fidgety. Everything about him was different.

"Are you okay Kookie?" I asked slowly.

"Huh?" he looked up and his eyes locked with mine. "I'm fine, I'm really good. Its all good in the hood." He laughed and I sent him an awkward smile. "It's just...I miss you."

"Well you should have thought of that before you did what you did," I sighed and turned to go back inside. His hand grabbed my upper arm before I could go in and he pulled me towards him.

"I'm sorry," he whispered. "I didn't realise that I... Look, I'm here now and I...I love you. Why else would I come back to someone who has cancer?"

"Wow, you're such a charmer Kookie," I said sarcastically.

"I didn't mean to say it like that," he groaned and let go of my arm. He started scratching the back of his head and whimpering. "I meant that most people who leave wouldn't come back because they wouldn't have to deal with it."

"Most people wouldn't leave," I said looking him up and down. Something wasn't right about him, something had changed. "Jungkook, let me check your arm." His head snapped up at that and he pulled the left one away from you. "No," he said. "Why?"

"I just wanna see it," you said sweetly. He handed me his right arm and I looked knowing full well there was nothing there. "And the other one?"

"I just showed you my arm," he whimpered starting to cry. "I don't wanna show you the other one. Please." I grabbed it despite his sobs and saw the marks in his forearm just below the bend of his elbow. Needle marks.

"How long Jungkook?" I whispered. He sniffed and wiped his eyes.

"I did it a few times while we were dating. Then the night we broke up and everyday since," he mumbled.