Chapter 1 - Paint This Town RED

The world spins on two axis.

One for light and joy, peace, and the happiness of abundant blessings. The other for darkness, deceit, and malice.

Far away, in a bustling city, amidst the neon signs and smiles of the people as they milled in and out of shops, darkness simmered beneath the surface, the two axis colliding.

Rather, the whole city spun on the axis of happiness and cheer, there was just one person who spun the dark axis between her fingers like a toy, letting its influence seep into the sunlight.

Her name was Red.

Of course, no one knew her real identity.

All they knew was that she was a cheat, a liar, a vandal, a thief, and not to be reckoned with. They called her dangerous, unruly, a menace, a threat, cynical even. She was known to break into museums and take priceless treasures, and had never once been caught.

Only three people have ever seen her, and yet the entire city knows her face.

How is this possible you ask?

Simple.

She lives her life in the suburbs, like any other teenager, but lives a double life as a thief on the mean streets after dark.

The local government insists she is a petty thief, nothing of concern to the slightest degree. But the people knew otherwise.

Soon, rumors spewed out and anger toward the leaders ensued.

And through it all, Red was part of every step.

Because this was just the start.

A/N: Hi there! Thank you for picking up my book. I'm sorry this chapter is so short, and I promise that the next chapter will be longer. ❤️