𝒟𝓇𝓊𝓃𝓀 𝑔𝒾𝓇𝓁𝓈

"But ma-" Javan whines as he followed behind Onika who was heading toward the door.

She was meeting with Jayda for their dress shopping for the event she was being dragged to.

"Jay I'm not saying again, you are grounded therefore no going out for you" Onika spoke facing the boy who sighed dejectedly.

Unfortunately for Javan when Beyoncé had brought him home his momma wasn't home so oh his mama Carol therefore Beyoncé didn't have the opportunity to charm his mom for Javan to not get in trouble so once Onika came back and saw Javan's split lip, she asked the boy who accounted what had happened and of course he knew fighting was one of his momma's no no rules. Yes she was glad he was okay but still got punished.

"I'm not gonna fight this time momma, please I just wanna play with Chris and the boys" he pleads with pouty eyes.

Onika sighed she hated having to punish him but she wasn't going to raise an out of hand child, especially being that he was a boy. A black boy at that. Gently she took his face into her hands.

"Baby you know the rules and the consequences of breaking sad rules, now don't answer the door to no one. Your mami Carol will be home soon, okay?"

"Okay" Javan sighs sadly his head down.

Onika pressed a kiss against his curls "I love you baby"

"I love you too ma" and that made Onika happy, at least he wasn't angry at her.

He was a good kid she knew that but it was because she had rules in place that's why he was a good kid and Onika needed it to be like that. She laid another kiss this time on his cheek before leaving out the door.

Once the door closed behind his mother Javan sighed then walked toward the living area, maybe he will just play on his PlayStation until his mami Carol comes out.

~~

"Is the place closed?" Onika asks looking toward Jayda who was fixing up on her parking.

Onika didn't understand why her friend even bothers driving, she can barely park. She has been driven most of her life and only drives occasionally, Onika had offered to drive but Jayda refused so she let her friend do her. Threatening her that if she kills her and leaves her son motherless, Onika will hunt her even in the afterlife.

Finally parked and onto the markings, Jayda cut off the engine before facing Onika.

"It's not closed, at least not for us" then grabbed her purse from the back and got out. Onika followed out confused.

"What does that mean?"

"It means, it's shut for the public but opened for us. I know the owner, come on" Jayda spoke as she began walking toward the boutique.

Onika knows this boutique, she has seen it in passing on the way to work, she knows she can't damn well afford it unless she puts at least 3 pay checks together and that alone would still only cover the shoes so she never bothered coming in here. Why waste money that she could add to Javan's college fund?

Soon they reached the closed glass doors and sure enough you can see that it was closed but before Onika could speak Jayda pulled her phone out typing along. Not even a few minutes after, Onika saw someone walking toward them.

"Good evening Miss Cheaves, Miss Monet asked me to come get you" the butch tall bald headed black man clad in suit spoke, his voice deep and vibrating.

He stepped to the side letting both Onika and Jayda in who smiled in thanks to him. He shut and locked the doors indicating them to follow him which they did as they walked behind him slowly.