Ch. 19: Fly With Me Tonight

"Alright, Doll, now try and bring out your wings." Uzi said.

Uzi and Doll stood on a two story building near the spire, ready to practice flying together just as Uzi said they would.

"Я попробую. (I'll try.)" Doll said as she glanced at her back before taking a breath.

Slowly one wing popped out, followed by the other in after a few seconds.

"Это было менее неудобно, чем я думал. (That was less uncomfortable than I thought it would be.)" Doll said, rolling her shoulder.

"You'll adjust to it." Uzi said before holding one wing up. "At least you don't have to worry about accidentally slicing through someone with your wings."

"Честно говоря, я бы взял это за эти странные руки. (Honestly, I would take that over these strange hands.)" Doll said, pointing to the webbed hands on her wings.

"Still useful, now let's focus on flying." Uzi said, looking down to the ground. "And this building isn't that tall, so you won't get hurt much if you don't get it."

'And it's sturdy enough that it shouldn't fall on her!' Uzi thought, still annoyed by that flying lesson.

"Alright, so N told me the key to flying is just flapping your wings hard enough to get off the ground." Uzi explained to Doll, as if it was that simple.

She gave Uzi a blank stare, which spoke waves as she only had her left eye to do so.

"Hey, I was the same way when N told me." Uzi admitted.

"И все же ты все еще не можешь летать. (And yet you still can't fly.)" Doll said as she crossed her arms.

"Hey, it's better than just throwing you off the building like N did to me. Called it the "baby bird" method." Uzi said, crossing her arms right back at Doll. "How about this? We'll try it together. And even if we crash, we can both regenerate so not much can really permanently hurt us."

Uzi held out her hand for Doll to take, making the Russian drone look at it and back down the two story building before she slowly grabbed hold.

"We'll go on on three, okay?" Uzi asked gently.

"На три. (On three.)" Doll said, nodding.

"One." Uzi said, preparing her wings. "Two."

"Три! (Three!)" Doll said before duo jumped off the roof!

They still kept their hands together tightly as they both flapped their wings as best as they could.

'Flap, damnit! Flap!' Uzi thought as she was trying harder than Doll.

They gave one final flap right before they could hit the ground, kicking up a large cloud of snow.

"... Are we dead?" Uzi asked, as her and Doll were too scared to look down or open their eyes.

"Well, what do you know? You girls finally figured it out." V said as her and N walked up to them.

Doll and Uzi slowly opens and looked down, seeing that they were floating/flapping/flying softly about a foot off the ground.

"Мы летим. Мы ДЕЙСТВИТЕЛЬНО летаем. (We're flying. We're ACTUALLY flying.)" Doll said in awe.

"Robo-Jesus, this is awesome!" Uzi said before letting go of Doll's hand and flying into the sky, "God will now know fear! This Disassembly Drone has finally mastered the sky!"

'She called herself a disassembly drone.' V thought with a smile.

"Look at her go. Like she's on top of the world." N said before looking at Doll. "Well? Aren't you going to join her?"

Doll was still flapping close to rhe ground. She looked up at the sky, for some reason she didn't want to fly up there. Not that she was scared bit she jusy felt like it was wrong somehow.

Either out of fear or out of just this "wrong" feeling, Doll jus-

"What are you waiting for? This is a blast!" Uzi said, smiling down at Doll. "Get up here and look at this view!"

"O... Хорошо (O... okay.)" Doll said with a nervous nod.

With a quick breath, Doll let herself slowly fly higher into the air as Uzi waited for her. Still holding her hand out like it would be a security blanket.

"Don't worry, I'm not V, I won't let you fall." Uzi said, smiling.

Doll knew this and nodded slowly before taking Uzi's hand, letting her lead as she flew them away from V and N.

"Should we follow them?" N asked.

"Nah, let them have their moment." V said, waving her hand to the side.

'Besides, what's the worse that can happen by leaving them by themselves?' V thought as she looked at N.

"So...it's just us now." V said, grinning a bit.

"Yeah, it is." N said, putting his hands in his pockets and rocking on his heels. " So...do you want to go see this cool statue I found in a building?"

'Check out a cool statue?! What the heck, dude?! That's how you suggest a date?!' N thought and scolded himself for his "foolishness."

"Sure, sounds interesting." V said with a shrug. "Lead the way."

"O-o-okay." N said, quickly bringing out his wings. "Follow me."

'YES! You scored a date, you son of a boy! WOOO!' N cheered as he took to the skies.

'Hehehehe, it's cute how hard he tries to hide his inner monologues.' V thought as she brought out her own wings and flew upwards.

Heading in the opposite direction of Uzi and Doll, what could truly happen if they were left alone for an hour or two?