Out of town.

TW: vomit mention

Marjorie's pov

It's been 4 days since he left these 4 days have been torture for me in part because I miss him and the other part I got a nasty virus that has bed ridden me this day only getting up to vomit and occasionally to get some food and drinks. I have called out all this day and Autumn is just assuming it's because I miss Reece and she's not wrong but every time I text her I can see she's worried about me.

Today is Thursday only 3 more days till Reece get back. I spent the whole day in bed like I have done this whole week. Today I ignored my phone completely I haven't texted Autumn nor Reece but I did tell Reece that I wasn't going to respond for a while because I was "busy". In reality I spent the whole day watching tv or sleeping being mentally and physically exhausted just disconnected from everything.

It was already 7 in the afternoon when I heard someone knocking frantically on the door. I got up for the first time that day and went downstairs to open the door. When I opened it, it was Autumn looking worried. " Marjorie, why don't you answer the phone I was worried" she said as she relaxed seeing I'm okay until she finally looked at how I looked. "I'm fine don't worry" I say faking a slight smile at her knowing that if I told her she would tell Reece. I was really trying to avoid him knowing because if he knew he would come running and I know how important that trip is for him and I don't want to worry him and make him come home. "What going on here Marjorie you missed work now for 4 days which you never do and just by looking at you I can tell you have been rotting yourself on the bed" she said as she looked me up in down. "I'm f...fin...e" when I finished that I went running upstairs to the bathroom and vomiting as soon as I got there.

After a while Autumn was behind me holding my hair back as I continue. "Good thing your fine Marjorie" she said sarcastically when I finished. "Okay maybe I'm not fine but I will be just don't tell Reece" I say looking at her in the eyes. "Marjorie you have been sick for god knows how long and your worried about Reece knowing. Your willing isolate yourself and not see a doctor just so nobody tells Reece" she said while I just nodded. "What have you eaten this past few days while Reece is out of town? Better question when was the last time you showered?" She said disgusted. "I survived with the leftovers from Saturday afternoon which lasted me maybe 2 days and some snacks been to sick to even get out of bed" I say getting up and going to wash up my hands and mouth. " okay here's what we are going to do, you are going to take a shower because you need it desperately and I'll cook you some soup so you get better before Reece comes back and from now till he comes back I'm coming every day to bring or cook you some dinner I'm not having you die on my watch" she said slightly smiling at me and leaving the room I could help but just smile and be grateful to have a friend who had her back no matter what.

After a while I went and took a much needed shower and then went downstairs seeing Autumn finish cooking and serving her a portion "It's not as good as my brother's but it's good" she said slightly laughing at her comment. "Thank you Aut I really appreciate it" I smile at her and ate the soup.

Autumn pov

A while had past the sun had set by this point and Marjorie was asleep on my lap that when I heard the door open so I put Marjorie down on the sofa and got closer to door when close enough she say it was Reece. He looked shocked when he say me clearly not expecting me. I put my hand on my face hushing him and then I kicked him on each knee. "Hey what was that for?" He said slightly whispering. "One is from me and one is because your a dummy that his girlfriend would rather die than disturb your trip. You know she was surviving out of snacks this past few days and she's been sick with vomits fever a disgusting cough and god know what else she hasn't told." I finish seeing is face go from surprised to shock to sadness.

"I didn't know if I knew I would have come sooner" he said. "She told me she didn't tell you because she knew you would do that and she didn't want me to know because she thought I would tell you but either way go over to her she's on the couch mumbling about you" as I said that he went over to her almost running before he sat down he put his hand on her forehead checking for a fever " she's slightly hot has she taken medication?" He said looking at me as I shakes my head no he went got her some medicine and water and took it upstairs coming back down to pick her up and place her in bed me following him upstairs.

"Hello baby how are you feeling?" He said as he woke her up to give her the medicine. I saw as Marjorie slowly opened her eyes and as she saw him a huge smile appeared on her face getting up and jumping on him.

After a while she looked at him "why did you come home early?" She said confused. " Well I missed you and wanted to come back to surprise you but looks like I took the surprise since you are sick and haven't told me so I didn't come back to take care of you" he said as she looked seeing the guilty look on her face. "But it's okay I'm here now baby and I'm going to take care of you here you go drink this you have a slight fever" as he said it she slightly whined and with a look Reece gave her she drunk them and layed on the bed cuddled up next to him falling asleep slightly after.

"Well I'm leaving I'll be back tomorrow to check on her but let me know how's she's doing" I said while looking at him as he nodded in return. "Thank you Autumn for taking care of her" he said while I just nodded in return. "She's my best friend I would do anything for her" I say that as I leave the room and go home.