Chapter 10

Terra reappeared in the cave without Flare minutes later. "What a day," Terra stressed. He collapsed from exhaustion, and the rest of the Elementals followed. They were all in pain from the fight with the god-controlled Flare. Kess and the Harbinger were the only ones left standing.

"God, my arms are in so much pain," Aqua said. "That kid is both peaceful and extremely dangerous at the same time." She took a moment to breathe. "Terra, Ignis— How the hell did he do that thing with the gloves? I felt drained after he grabbed my blade and somehow took my magic. I mean, I can still use it, but now he can."

"At least you didn't get punched in the face," Terra remarked.

"I got stabbed," Ignis said. "I think that's worse."

Aero looked over at the Harbinger. "Can you heal us— And can you possibly help me reattach my wing? I still miss it dearly."

"Því miður get ég hvorugt," The Harbinger replied.

"I thought you had healing abilities," Aero said.

"Það er vegna þess að ég er fær um að endurnýjast aðgerðarlaus. Fyrir utan tunglgaldur er engin önnur tegund töfra sem gerir kleift að lækna."

"Aw, man..." Aero said. He looked up at the ceiling. The room was silent for a few moments. "You think we should teach him the Bestial language?"

"That'll take too much time," Kess said.

"Alright..." Aero waited before continuing. "Did we tell him where this place is?"

"Nope," Aqua said. As she said that, all of the Elementals looked at each other. They suddenly got up and prepared to search for Flare. Once they were ready, Terra took all of them to the spot where he left Flare: a field somewhere in the middle of the Western Continent. Flare was nowhere to be seen.

It was nighttime outside. After being brought to the field, Flare immediately started walking. He only made it a few steps before a sharp ringing went through his mind.

"Where—" Underworld shouted. "No— What did they say?! Tell me!"

"Calm down!" Flare yelled to himself.

"I am not going to just calm down!" Underworld replied. "I bet they told you something they didn't want me to hear— Did they?! Did they?!"

"No, holy— They didn't say anything!" Flare yelled. "I woke up on this spot! I don't know anything else!"

Underworld wanted to say more, but he didn't have evidence that Flare was lying. He still doesn't have complete control over his thoughts and feelings. "Fine! They said nothing! Are you happy?!"

Flare took a deep breath. "Yes, I am," He said. "However, I did think of something as I was waking up."

"Say it," Underworld ordered.

"I'm going along with you. Maybe we should kill the Fallen Angels. I remember seeing a few things in a couple of books that might help us with that task."

"Share."

"Well, first I want to check up on the Surroundings. I'm still a bit scared for the people there." Flare looked up into the sky. The Voice of God still stood tall, its tip blocking a part of the moon. "We're going home. I'll tell you the rest there." Flare began to run towards the tower. A few minutes after he started running, the Elementals appeared on the spot where he used to stand.

As Flare approached the town, he saw that the walls were covered in ash. He had to run around to the left side as the north side of the walls didn't have an entrance. He looked through the large archway that led into town and froze. His heart dropped when he saw the wreckage. Houses were either burnt black or destroyed. Flare ran through the town. Families were crouched down beside houses and bodies. Almost all of them had one member who was bawling their eyes out.