the other side

Maverick Reign Morgan26 years old

26 years old.

No such thing as a life that's better than yours- J cole

I open the door of the rental car, starting it and pulling out of the airport parking lot.

I look around at London, shaking my head at the memories that comes rushing back to me.

Three weeks ago, my mother came to my house unannounced telling me that my father decided to divorce her, so I'm here in London to find out why.

I pull into the parking lot and walk up to the valet, handing him my Keyes and going inside the Law firm that my father owns.

The secretary looks up from her phone, locking eyes with me.

She hurriedly fixes her top and fluffs her hair, propping her chin against the back of her hand.

"Good morning Mr. Reign. Your Father is in a meeting, I'll inform him that you're here as soon as possible" she smiles at me.

I cut my eyes at her, walking past and going directly for the board room.

I shove the doors open and everyone's heads whip in my direction.

"Divorce, Charles? Seriously?" I call him by his first name, not caring about the office full of people.

He looks at me and chuckles while shaking his head.

"We'll pick this up later on, boys. Dismiss yourselves" he orders and within the blink of an eye, we're the only two people in the office.

"What do you want Reign?" He pinches the bridge of his nose, taking a seat in his chair.

"How can you do that to the woman you've been married to for 45 years? And for your fucking secretary?" I slam my hand down on the desk.

He doesn't move. He doesn't even flinch.

"Mom was by your side through everything. When you went bankrupt, when you lost your first job, she stayed with you through all that shit and this is the shit you gonna do to her?!For some bitch young enough to be your daughter?" I continue

He gets up and places his hand on my back, gesturing me to look out the window.

"Let me explain something to you son. I loved your mother. I really did. But love runs out...loves doesn't last forever. And as a business man, you have to be forced to make choices that you may not like right now, but eventually it will benefit you. Your mother....eh, she was past her time. Outdated if you say. You wouldn't get it. You've never been in love now, have you?" he shrugs carelessly

I grab the collars of his suit, lifting him off the ground and looking him in the eyes, with rage in mine.

"You're a piece of shit, you know that?" I growl angrily