I

By Camila, the sound of the bell stretched over the door goes off, the strangers in the bar stared at her for a short moment before everyone resumes their activities.

Before standing in front of the counter, she casts a suspicious glance among the tables and takes out her phone to call her best friend Christine, who is supposed to join her here.

A charming young man approaches the counter and talks to her.

- Good evening Mrs , welcome to the late night BAR. Said the young man, giving her a warm smile.

- Good evening, I'm not taking anything at the moment, I'm just waiting for a friend who will arrive soon. Camila replies shyly.

- Can I guess her name ? Taking a bottle and a glass, the young man asks.

- Of course, I'm listening.

-Maggie ? Tempts the young man as he pours the drink.

-Absolutely not. Camila replies briefly, sending Christine another message.

- I really thought I had it. He responds by holding out the glass to her.

- Excuse me, but I didn't ask for that.

- It's Baltimore whiskey, I can say it's your favorite. The young man answers Camila.

- It's unbelievable, how can you guess that a woman would like this kind of thing ? Asks Camila, curious.

- Suppose I have the gift of observing all this.

The young man takes a sip and puts the glass down in front of her

- If you ever have the slightest doubt, it is simply offered by the house.

Camila finds that most of the other people around her remain almost silent, while the others whisper inaudible things.

- Is the atmosphere still as calm around here? Camila asks with great curiosity.

- Yes, that's why people come here to find peace.

- So why do you call it Late Night BAR? It looks like I'm in a library where alcohol is drunk. Camila exclaims, laughing.

- I've always had this question in mind, I think it should be called Silent night BAR or something like that. The young man said, agreeing with Camila.

- I understand that some people are simply looking for serenity. Camila responds, sending another message to her best friend.

- Is your friend okay? You don't stop sending messages. Asks the young man.

- Yes yes, it's just that she's the type that if I don't insist, she'll be even more late. Camila responds by putting her phone on the counter.

- Since the bar is too quiet for your liking, I'll add some music. The young man proposed.

- No, no, it's fine, I don't want to disturb the others. Camila rushes to answer.

- No worries, you're new here, this is my welcome gift. The young man persists before leaving the counter.

He goes to a Bluetooth speaker while connecting his phone, Camila watches him looking for what music to play.

The song begins and Camila recognizes it immediately.

"Oh, Pretty woman - Roy Orbison"

Dancing, the young man comes back to her.

- Wow, you don't sound like a person who listens to music from the sixties. Said Camila, now intrigued by the young man

- Don't judge people by their appearance, Mrs ? The young man asks Camila.

- Camila and I'm a fan of this kind of music. Camila responds by holding out her hand.

- And I, Angel, am delighted to meet you. Angel responds in the same way for his part.

The two remain motionless, their heads moving to the rhythm of the music.

⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘

Really sorry if there are any spelling mistakes, please let me know so I can correct them.