Moving on II

Shivada wasn't just fond of Bangalore-she was utterly captivated by it. It wasn't the city's buzzing nightlife or the famed pub scene that enchanted her; rather, it was the city's soulful weather, where even the harshest sun seemed gentle, and the breeze whispered promises of adventure. The aromas of global cuisines mingled with the scents of freshly brewed coffee and the tangy spices of street food. The people, too, were as diverse as the city itself-a melting pot of cultures, languages, and dreams from every corner of India. It was a city of contrasts, and Shivada reveled in it.

Her mornings were particularly sacred. The crisp, cool air that drifted through her window tempted her to sink deeper into her plush mattress and disappear into the warmth of her blankets. But she couldn't afford the luxury of indolence. She was knee-deep in her dual degree in economics and international relations, a demanding and unforgiving course that left little room for laziness.

Swathi and Avantika, her roommates and closest confidantes, were the pillars of her life in Bangalore. Swathi, with her sharp wit and Tamilian roots, and Avantika, a true Bangalorean with a fiery spirit, shared her academic burdens and personal joys. They too were part of the rigorous academic grind, and by the time the weekend rolled around, their rooms would be overflowing with mountains of laundry. But even then, amidst the chores, they found stolen moments to break free from their academic prison and explore the city's vibrant streets.

And then there was Aadhi. In the beginning, his visits were casual-a promise kept, a monthly ritual. He would sweep her away to her favorite eateries, indulging her love for food while slowly uncovering the city's hidden gems. But for Shivada, Aadhi's presence became something more gradually. She didn't just look forward to his visits-she lived for them. Every time she caught sight of him, her heart would skip a beat, and a radiant, involuntary smile would light up her face like a firework in the night sky.

Her friends, ever the observers, noticed the shift in her demeanor. They would tease her relentlessly, their laughter filling their shared apartment as they teased her about the glow in her eyes and the flutter in her voice whenever Aadhi's name came up. A year in Bangalore, and what had started as friendly jabs turned into affectionate teasing. To Swathi and Avantika, it was obvious-Aadhi wasn't just a visitor anymore; he was her Aadhi, her boyfriend, whether she admitted it or not. And though Shivada tried to brush off their playful remarks, deep down, she knew they were right

If you think it was love at first sight, you're mistaken. Initially, Shivada felt awkward around Aadhi. When he visited her for the first time, her nerves were on high alert; she couldn't even look at him, let alone figure out what to say. When Aadhi asked what she wanted to eat, she blurted out the name of a Bengaluru dish she had never tried before. But after taking a bite, she grimaced and spat it out, her face scrunching up in distaste. Aadhi chuckled and graciously swapped plates with her, finishing her food as she grimaced at her choice.

As they exited the restaurant, Aadhi broke into laughter. "You look like a grumpy Siberian husky!" he teased, and Shivada instinctively clutched his neck, playfully forcing him to tickle her to escape her grasp.

"Owwwww, your hands are tiny! Where are you getting this strength?" Aadhi gasped, half-laughing.

Shivada shot him a sarcastic look, "I have an annoying brother, and I beat the shit out of him."

Aadhi's expression turned momentarily worried before he smirked. "The same brother who told me to tickle you every time you fight?"

"Traitor!" Shivada snarled, a smile breaking through her annoyance.

Aadhi chuckled, his eyes twinkling. "I knew you were sensitive to tickles, but I didn't know you could scream like that. I'm just thinking about the future."