MOROCCO and the world socialist revolution

The importance of the revolution in Morocco for the socialist world revolution

August 13, 2017

written by Wolfgang Eggers

Dear Moroccan comrades!

You asked us to express our solidarity with your present revolutionary struggle in a special article. Herewith we would like to take the opportunity to fulfill your wish.

First, we would like to congratulate you on your great victories in the fight for the liberation of political prisoners. Your campaigns have long become mass movements. The counterrevolution suffers one defeat after the other by the growing waves of your brave resistance. The hatred of the corrupt capitalist regime in Morocco is growing with every day and every night. Your mass movement for the release of political prisoners has great political significance for the successful continuation of the movement of February 20. Unavoidably, the Counterrevolution is forced to answer the revolution in your country with carrot and stick ! And this again will pave the way of your resistance for the completion of the bourgeois-democratic revolution by its transformation into the socialist revolution. And this is the only correct strategic guideline of the revolution for the whole Arab world. That what we write here about the revolutionary process in Morocco does also apply mainly to the whole Arab world. At the moment we estimate the revolutionary development in Morocco as one of the most advanced developments within the Arab world. Especially the growing Stalinist Hoxhaists forces in Morocco thus take over a historic pioneering role alongside Tunisia, where the "Arab Spring" began.

The Moroccan comrades therefore have not only a great responsibility for the revolution in their own country, but they must share their solidarity with the revolution of all other Arab peoples. The Moroccan revolution is part of the Arab revolution, just as the Arab revolution is part of the world revolution.

Long live the RIF-REVOLUTION!

In continuation of the struggle of the Comintern of Lenin and Stalin, the Comintern (SH) is currently supporting the newly inflamed freedom struggles of the RIF region in the service of the proletarian world revolution.

With the October Revolution in 1917 a dramatic upswing of the anti-colonial movements took place in Asia, Africa and America. With the year 1917, the liberation struggle of the colonials became an inseparable part of the beginning of the world socialist revolution. The objectively existing contradiction between the colonial policy of world imperialism and the anti-imperialist struggle in Morocco has not been eliminated to this day. The anti-imperialist struggle of the people in Morocco is part of the anti-imperialist struggle of all peoples who suffer under imperialist enslavement.

The liberation war of the Rifkabyls in Morocco against Spain and France in 1920-1927 was one of the greatest anti-conial struggles of the oppressed and exploited peoples all over the world. This great historical struggle is still alive in the current protest movement of the Rif region. In the early 1920s, during the Protectorate era, when the country was divided between French and Spanish control, the Rif region declared its independence from Morocco and founded the "Rif Republic". In Morocco, the imperialists were able to suppress the uprisings only through a long-lasting war. And this has not changed until today. After years of war between Rif inhabitants and Spanish colonialists (supported by the French), the republic was defeated and brought back under the control of the bloody monarchy.

As for the French imperialists, president Macron, on his recent trip to Morocco, put the Moroccan king under pressure to "better control" the growing protest, especially in the RIF region. Europe of the imperialists is shaken by crises. Insurrections in the Arab world, especially those at the African Mediterranean coast, are an acute threat of imperialist interests of Europe. They want to establish "order" before their own doorstep and not a spillover effect of uprisings and revolutionary invasion into Europe. And we Stalinist-Hoxhaists must thwart this colonial policy of imperialist Europe! Imperialist "peace and order"-policy must be answered with class war, uprisings and upheavals. We freedom fighters organize the insurrections while the imperialists organize the counter-insurgency - this is so in Morocco and also all over the world. France has not forgotten its defeats in the anti-colonial liberation war of the Maghreb peoples and should never forget them!