Chapter 5

Tony was faster than others as he was already at the tower.
He saw a blue portal opening from his tower Jarvis injected"sir, it seems like the portal is going to open".

"Dr. It would be good if you stop that thing"Tony said to Selvig who was working to open the portal.
"No one will be able to stop it now"he replied as Tony shoot his repulsor at him. He landed at the tower while Loki was also there.

Stark stare warily down at Loki, all while the wheels continued to spin around, completely removing the iron robot suit from his person, while both moved slowly to the room’s entrances.

Taking the last steps inside and down the length of the other entrance,"are you going to beg me to let you live?" Loki said with a smile.

“Uh...actually, I'm planning to threaten you.”

Loki looked even more pleased by this, “You should have left your armour on for that.”

“Yeah, it's seen a bit of mileage. You've got the glowstick of destiny. Would you like a drink?” Tony said as he drew close to where Loki was standing.

— “Stalling won't change anything,” snapped Loki, pacing restlessly, probably not having liked not having the attention on him… or being called ‘Reindeer Games’.

Stark raised an eyebrow, “No, no, no! Threatening. No drink? You sure?”

“—The Chitauri are coming, nothing will change that. What do I have to fear?”

There was a brief pause, Stark to look up from the drink he was preparing himself, “The Avengers.”

The Who?

Loki looked confused.

Waving his glass about,Stark expanded, “It's what we call ourselves, sort of like a team. 'Earth’s Mightiest Heroes’ type of thing.”

“Yes, I've met them.” Loki answered, looking a lot less worried, now; amused if anything. He clearly didn't think much of ‘Earth’s Mightiest Heroes’.

“Yeah, takes us a while to get any traction, I'll give you that one,” conceded Tony, as he moved back round the bar. “But, let's do a head count here. Your brother, the demi-God;-”

“-a super soldier, a living legend who kind of lives up to the legend;-”

“-a man with breath-taking anger management issues;-”

“-a couple of master assassins,-”

“-the magical shield apple boy" he continued “—and you, big fella, you've managed to piss off every single one of them."

“That was the plan,” grinned Loki with all his teeth.

“Not a great plan,” Stark echoed moving to the bar, refill his drink. “When they come — and they will, they'll come for you.”

“I have an army.”

“We have a hulk.”Stark quickly retorted, as he came back from behind the bar, no longer holding his drink.

“I thought the beast had been flown away.” Loki countered, looking all the more sure of himself.

Mister Stark huffed, “You're missing the point. There is no throne — there is no version of this, where you come out on top. Maybe your army comes, and maybe it's too much for us, but it's all on you. Because if we can't protect the Earth, you can be damned well sure we'll avenge it.”

Loki prowled slowly up to him; twirling the sceptre in his hand, “How will your friends have time for me when they are busy fighting you—” as Loki pointed the scepter at Tony's chest.

He looked confused as Tony was not controlled by the sceptre so he tried again"it usually works?"

"Well performance issues not uncommon one out of five.."Tony wasn't able to finish his words as he was thrown out of the window by Loki.

"Jarvis"Tony shouted as the bracelet on his wrist lit up and a suit shot towards him.

*****************************************
Chapter 5 complete...
I was really busy last week but now I will definitely try to update chapters regularly.

So, meme time...