Introducing

The two boys walked in the rain back to Fred's to pick up the bike and tell his mother where he's going.

"Christ I swear it never stops raining here." Freddie complained making John huff a laugh.

"Yeah you're not wrong, out in the country it doesn't rain as much but here, always dark and gloomy." John said.

"You lived out in the country?" Freddie asked and John shook his head.

"My grandparents do, we go on holiday every so often out there. Haven't gone in a while though." John said.

"There where did you live before here?" Freddie quipped as he unlatched the gate that let into the garden.

"The... other side of London." John said

"You can say it, the better side of London, trust me we get shit on enough for being the rougher side of London. With all the gangs and such. It's alright though. Find your people and your place nothing ever happens to you." Freddie explained with a smile and pulled out the ranky bike.

"How long did you say you've had this for?" John asked. Freddie only shrugged.

"Come on, meet the family then we'll go to yours." Freddie waved John on to the back step. John followed Freddie in through the back door that let to the kitchen where a woman sat at the table reading a book.

"Hi mama, hope you don't mind but I brought a friend over. I'm going to his house soon so I won't be here long." Freddie said kissing the top of his mother head.

The woman looked John up and down before smiling. "You're the paper boy." She said and John nodded.

"I am."

"Let me go get dress out of this ugly thing and then we'll go." Freddie said referring to their uniform and made his way up the stairs.

John sat in the living room with Freddie mom dad and sister. They all watched him closely. His dad more than the others. Freddie's mother on the other hand gave sweet smiles every time John looked her way.

"So John are you that new family that moved in down the road?" Kash.(Freddie's sister) started up a conversation.

"Uh yeah, me,my mum and my sister." John answered.

"Lovely neighborhood isn't it?" Freddie's mom smiled and John nodded.

"Cant beat it."

"Aw getting along well?" Freddie smiled as he came down the stairs and to John's side.

"Farrokh, manners." His dad said sternly.

"That's my mama Jer, father Bomi and sister Kash. I'm the main attraction though." Freddie said earning a few giggles from his mother and John.

"Well we should get going now. Before it's too too late. Right John?" Freddie asked and John nodded getting up.

"I know who you are." Bomi suddenly said. John turned back to him a bit confused.

"Your the paper boy that Farrokh lo-"

"AHHH LIGHTING RUN JOHN RUN!" Freddie yelled taking the already startled boys hand and yanking him down the street until they were both winded.

They bent down to catch their breaths before looking at each other and laughing. John wasn't sure what for but something was just funny and needed to be laughed at.

"Come on, I've got the bike and you've got the brains." Freddie said as they then entered the garage at John's house.

"Yeah let me just get changed." John said and went inside leaving Freddie to tinker around in the garage.

"John your late home, where the hell have you been?" His mother called from the kitchen hand in her hip.

"At.... A friend's house. He's here now, hope you don't mind though." John slowly explained.

"A friend? Already?" His mother smiled.

"We've been here two weeks I think it was bound to happen eventually." John rubbed the back of his neck.

"Yeah I suppose. Tell Juile dinners almost ready. Your friend can join us if he'd like."

"I'd love that." Freddie entered from the garage and John mother smiled.

"Uh mum this is Freddie, Freddie this is Mrs Deacon or-"

"Or Lillian, anything is fine love. Good to meet you." Lillian cut John off and gave Freddie a handshake.

"Uh, you can come to my room while I get changed in the bathroom I guess." John shrugged.

"Alright." Freddie said and sauntered off.

Freddie looked around John's room and noticed a theme. Pictures of body builders and famous rock stars were draped all over his walls and ceiling.

Freddie then got a bit concerned. Did this kid have like body dysmorphia or something? He's pretty skinny though.

John then walked in and blushed a bit when he noticed Freddie looking at his picture. "Sorry uh, you like John Lennon?" He asked. Freddie turned his head around a bit confused until he realized he was walking about the poster.

"Oh yeah, not my favorite Beatle but he's up there."Freddie brushed off. John joined him in the bed, sitting next to him.

"Which one is your favorite then?" John asked.

"Paul, I love his eyes don't you?" Freddie answered and John smiled and nodded.

"He is cute. Gosh and his smile." John smiled but then snapped back at what he was saying.

"I mean like, for a guy." He added.

John knew he was gay, he didn't know why his mother hadn't picked up on it yet. Shit he had practically make men on his walls but he couldn't tell anyone. Not his mom, not his sister and serenely not his new friend. His... best friend really. He hasn't had one of those in... he's never had one of those.

"Uhh, let's fix that bike before it gets too late. I don't want you walking home in the dark." John quickly stood up and walked to the door.

"Wait." Freddie said and John obliged. Freddie took John's palm that had been cut open that morning.

"I gave you peroxide and a Band-Aid. If you don't want any of those scrapes to itch you'll have to put vaseline on them." Freddie said still inspecting John's hand.

"Okay, I think we have some in the bathroom. Can you uh, fix me up again." John asked shyly. Fred must've been all shades of red as he nodded.

"It'd be my pleasure," Freddie replied leading John to the bathroom.