Major trouble

2 weeks later

John's daily visits to Freddie's to drop off the news paper was always met with Freddie smiling at him with one of his hands resting under his chin.

John would ride his bike home as fast as he could just to catch Fred before we went to the bus. From there they'd walk to the bus stop and wait with Brian and Roger.

As Freddie walked onto his front step he saw John from a distance running down the street to meet up with him. Freddie smiled and walked slowly down the steps so John could make his way over in time for Fred to reach the bottom to surprise him.

"HEY FRED!" John panted. Freddie nonchalantly turned around.

"Oh hey John, didn't cya there." Freddie said as John quickly caught his breath.

"Yeah, sorry I kinda snuck up on you." John apologized.

"No biggie, come on we're gonna be late for the bus." Freddie waved him on and the both of them began to walk down the street.

"Who do you think you're gonna vote for?" John asked.

"For student council? No one, all terrible options." Freddie scoffed.

"Wasn't Brian gonna run?" John asked.

"He was but Anita isn't political so he doesn't have a running partner." Freddie shrugged.

"Anita would be a good class president though, she's fair and just." John reasoned.

"I think she would but it'd just be food for the flame that is Paul fucking Prenter. I mean it's been two weeks since you started sitting with us at lunch and he's still pouting to Tim about it." Freddie rambled.

"Eh I never liked him anyways." John said.

"Trust me love, no one does." Freddie groaned.

"Morning asshole." Roger yawned

"Good morning to you too." Freddie rolled his eyes.

Brian pulled something out from his pocket and passed it to Freddie. He cautiously took it and unfolded it.

The dance is in a few days, you won't see John until after winter break, you should ask him. The note read.

Freddie mouthed no to Brian. Brian got a smirk on his face and turned to John.

"You gonna go to the dance buddy?" He asked and Freddie slapped his head.

"Maybe, if you guys go." He rubbed the back of his neck.

~later~

"REALLY BRI? I don't even know if he's gay and you're asking him questions like that?" Exclaimed Freddie as him and Brian walked to lunch.

"All I asked is if he was going to the dance." Brian put his hands up.

"Uhhhh, you suck." Freddie crossed his arms.

"Well, you should ask him, he's good for you and it's obvious. Even to a straight guy, I mean for heavens sake you go over to his house like everyday. We're all routing you on, even Tim." Brian reasoned.

"That's not saying much dear, but, I'll give it a shot." Freddie smiled and Brian patted him on the back.

"At a boy." Brian cheered on as they walked into the lunchroom and sat down. The atmosphere was off though. More serious than its joking tone. Anita went running up to Brian crying.

"What happened dear? Anita!" Brian asked desperately. Mary then came running up.

"It's Roger and John, they've just gotten into a fight with Paul and Tim. Paul was... he was trying to touch Anita but John stepped in and saved her. Then Roger and Tim showed up and it-" Mary rambled off as Freddie's heart sunk deeper into his chest.

"Where are they now?" Brian asked holding Anita tight.

"I don't know, I think in the east wing of the school." With a flash Freddie grabbed Mary and the both of them went running.

They ran until Mary let go of Freddie's hand but even then he kept running.

There was a small ring of onlookers surrounding the fight. Freddie pushed his way through the crowd until in the front.

John like the good kid he was was trying to pull Roger off of Paul who was trying to be held back by Tim.

Freddie immediately rushed John out of the way and took Roger. The three of them ran off and out of school grounds.

"Are you hurt?" Were the first few gasps of air out of Freddie's mouth. The question was detected at John who was shaking and shivering but he shook his head.

"You?" Freddie gasped again at Roger who shook his head.

"I few scrapes here and there but nothing major." He replied.

"While not majorly injured all three of you are in major trouble." The three boys looked up to see their principal Mr Ray Foster.

Shit

"I WANT NEITHER IF THOSES BOYS AROUND MINE EVER AGAIN. JOHN IS A GOOD BOY AND HE DOESN'T NEED TO BE INVOLVED WITH THEM!" Lilian boomed from the next room over.

Freddie wiped his head around to John who had down the same. They both gave each other the same shocked and sad expression.

Freddie grabbed John's hand and looked into his eyes longingly. "John get up we're leaving," Lilian stormed out of the room and took John by the arm.

Lilian then whipped her head around. "I don't want you anywhere near my son do you understand!" Lilian yelled. Freddie sunk in his seat and nodded.

"Yes mam."

"Farrokh Bulsara and Roger Meadows Taylor. In my office." Mr Foster appeared and pointed at the door.

"4th time boys, aren't you just so happy. This is your fourth time in my office this marking period. The both of you." Mr Foster started.

"Freddie shouldn't be here sir he didn't do anything." Roger tried defending.

"Oh, taking not only himself but two others that were just involved with a fight is nothing?" Mr Foster challenged.

"He was just getting us somewhere safe." Roger muttered crossing his arms and looking away.

"That's right went in forever Mr Taylor. 6 bloody minute."

"I pity your wife if you think six minutes is forever." Freddie smirked a bit and Roger broke out laughing.

"You two have ISS for a week. John will have it for a day. You don't even think about talking to him." Mr Foster pointed at Freddie.

"Get out." He steamed and both Freddie and Roger got up and left.

"Wow, well it's always nice seeing him." Roger leaned up against the wall outside of the office. Freddie sniffed then covered his face.

"I won't be allowed to see him." He sobbed. Roger frowned and wrapped an arm around him.

"Sure you will, your Freddie. You'll find a way." Roger comforted.