Chapter 25

After Tommy let go of the hug, Techno told him they needed to go get ready because they were going to have to head out soon. Apparently Phil was going to go over the details of what they needed to do while they drove.

Going back to his room, Tommy stared at the mask Phil had given him, trying to think of what he should wear. It needed to be practical, something he could move in. But it also needed to be distinct, since this was going to be his first official 'appearance' as Apollo.

Digging through his drawers, Tommy quickly found a pair of bright red cargo pants that he definitely did not remember being there before. Dozens of pockets lined the legs, which Tommy already knew he could use to hold things like bandages and gauze. They were nearly the exact same shade of red as his mask, and Tommy wondered which one of his family members snuck them into his room (his money was on Wilbur).

From there, Tommy found a plain black t-shirt that he figured would be good to use in case it got stained with blood. Then, he grabbed an old pair of dark brown boots Wilbur had given him back when Tommy was still borrowing stuff from Wilbur's closet.

He got dressed, and put the mask over his head before he looked at himself in his mirror.

While he wouldn't say he looked like a supervillain, he looked... pretty cool, in all honesty. At least to himself.

Well, if he got his ass kicked tonight, at least he was going to do it in style.

Tugging his mask down, Tommy left his room and headed down the stairs. Wilbur, Phil, and Techno were already waiting by the door to the garage, already dressed in their own outfits, minus the masks.

When Tommy walked into the kitchen, Wilbur immediately beamed.

"You used the pants I bought you!" He exclaimed joyfully.

"Fuckin' knew it was you," Tommy snorted, folding his arms over his chest.

"I just saw them one day and I had a feeling you'd like them," Wilbur told him. "You paired it well with the black shirt to tone it down, and then the plain boots."

"Listen to Mr. Fashion Expert over here," Techno snorted.

"Says the one wearing a literal fucking cape," Wilbur fired back, narrowing his eyes at his brother.

"Bruh, why you gotta come for my cape?" Techno asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Okay you two, not right now," Phil said, shaking his head. He dug into his pocket and pulled out a piece of white fabric, holding it out to Tommy. "Tommy, here's one last thing that I think you should wear. It's an armband."

Frowning, Tommy pulled the armband onto his left arm, noting how the fabric was snug but not uncomfortable around his bicep. When he looked down at the actual symbol that was printed on it though, he grinned.

"Is this to show I'm a medic?" Tommy asked, tracing the bright red cross symbol with his finger.

"Yup. Figured that if the media catches wind of you, might as well have something to show you're our healer," Phil explained, adjusting the armband a bit so the cross was straightened out.

"Oh, and fun fact," Wilbur chimed in, giving Tommy a cheshire grin, "it's technically a war crime to wear the red cross symbol if you're not part of the official 'Red Cross' organization."

Tommy beamed at this. "Hell yeah! My first crime as a villain!"

Wilbur wiped a fake tear from the corner of his eye. "They grow up so fast."

"Alright kids, you can talk more about war crimes in the car. We need to get going," Phil ordered, shepherding the three of them into the garage.

A few minutes later, they were back in the black SUV the family always used for Syndicate business. They had all put on their masks, and Tommy slumped down in the backseat, trying to ignore the way his heart was steadily picking up pace the further they drove.