Epilogue

After the harrowing events that led to the tragic loss of her twins, Emma found herself in a psychiatric facility, where doctors worked tirelessly to help her navigate the tumultuous waters of her mind. Over time, with therapy and medication, she was deemed cured of her schizophrenia. However, the echoes of her past lingered like whispers in the wind, and the memories of Evelyn and the twins haunted her thoughts.

Determined to start anew, Emma moved to a different neighborhood, hoping to distance herself from the darkness that had engulfed her life. She settled into a modest home, the walls painted in soothing colors, and filled it with the warmth of new beginnings. Yet, as she unpacked boxes, the shadows of her memories still danced in the corners of her mind, a constant reminder of what she had lost.

As the days turned into weeks, Emma struggled to shake the feeling of being watched, the sense that the past was lurking just beyond her perception. The gentle laughter of children playing outside sent shivers down her spine, stirring the painful memories of her twins.

Then, one sunny afternoon, she met her new neighbor, Sarah, who was also pregnant. A sense of familiarity washed over Emma, stirring both warmth and dread within her. Sarah's laughter and excitement about impending motherhood were reminiscent of the joy Emma once felt. They quickly bonded over shared experiences and fears, but with each interaction, Emma felt a knot tightening in her stomach.

As she spent more time with Sarah, Emma began to experience unsettling déjà vu. Shadows flickered in her periphery, and she caught glimpses of familiar patterns in Sarah's behavior that echoed Evelyn's obsessive nature. The feeling that her past was creeping back into her life intensified, driving her deeper into her thoughts.

Despite her efforts to maintain a sense of normalcy, Emma found herself spiraling back into paranoia. The lines between reality and the phantoms of her imagination blurred. Late at night, she would hear whispers that echoed Evelyn's voice, calling out to her from the depths of her mind.

One evening, after an intense confrontation with her own thoughts, Emma looked out the window and caught sight of Sarah playing in the yard, her baby bump prominent against the backdrop of their quiet street. The sight brought back a flood of memories-memories she had tried so hard to escape.

With her heart racing, Emma realized that she couldn't shake the feeling that history was indeed repeating itself. The question loomed over her

Was she truly free from the grip of her past, or was she destined to repeat the same tragic cycle?