Chapter 12: A Twist of Fate

Yunshu's fan page, "Unique Cookie," had gained immense popularity, drawing the attention of fans and media alike. As the number of followers skyrocketed, she received messages from fans around the world, all expressing admiration for her dedication to Cookie. It was a surreal experience for Yunshu, who had initially started the page just as a way to express her feelings.

One day, she learned about a fan contest being held for the most popular fan page, with a special prize: a chance to meet Cookie himself. The announcement sent a wave of excitement through the fan community. Participants would be judged not just on their follower count, but also on their creativity and engagement with fans. Yunshu was eager to enter, not necessarily for the prize, but for the chance to be near Cookie again.

As the contest date approached, Yunshu meticulously planned her outfit. She wanted to maintain her anonymity, so she decided to go all out in her signature black hoodie, mask, and oversized sunglasses. She felt a mix of anticipation and dread, knowing she would be in the same space as the one person she longed to see.

On the day of the contest, the venue was filled with fans, each buzzing with excitement. Yunshu blended into the crowd, snapping photos of Cookie and soaking in the atmosphere. She could hardly believe she was so close to him, even if she was just a hidden observer.

The event progressed with various activities and speeches, all while Yunshu stayed in the shadows, capturing moments of Cookie interacting with his fans. She felt a rush of happiness each time she looked at him through her camera lens, but her heart raced at the thought of being recognized.

Finally, the time came for the announcement of the contest winner. The anchor took the stage and announced, "And the award for the most popular fan page goes to... Unique Cookie!"

Yunshu's heart dropped. She hadn't anticipated winning. Panic flooded her mind as she heard her name called. *What do I do?* she thought, her breath quickening. *I can't go up there. What if he recognizes me?*

"Please invite the admin to come on stage and receive the award from your idol!" the anchor continued.

Yunshu's heart raced as she felt the eyes of the crowd on her. She knew she had to go; there was no way to avoid it. With trembling hands, she pushed through the crowd, her mind a whirlwind of thoughts. *Stay calm. Just accept the award and get out of there.*

As she stepped onto the stage, her nerves skyrocketed. The moment she stood face-to-face with Cookie, she felt an overwhelming rush of emotions. He looked as handsome as ever, and for a brief moment, she was frozen in place, staring at him in awe.

"Congratulations!" Cookie said, his voice warm and inviting.

Yunshu managed to mumble a "Thank you," her heart pounding in her chest. She took the award from the anchor and turned to Cookie, forcing herself to maintain her composure. But as they shook hands, an electric sensation coursed through her. There was something about the way he looked at her that made her feel seen, even though she was concealed behind her disguise.

However, the moment felt too intense for her. Overwhelmed by the fear of being recognized, she quickly pulled her hand back, stammering, "Thank you! Thank you!" before making a hurried exit from the stage.

Cookie watched her retreat with a puzzled expression. "What a strange girl," he murmured to himself, confused by her sudden flight. *Why did she run away as if she saw a ghost?*

As Yunshu dashed back into the crowd, her heart raced not just from the encounter, but from the realization that she had been so close to Cookie, yet so far. She felt a mix of exhilaration and regret. *Did he sense something?* she wondered, her mind racing as she replayed the moment over and over.

Once she was safely away from the stage, Yunshu leaned against a wall, trying to catch her breath. *I can't believe that just happened! I actually met him! But why did I run away?* Her heart ached with the desire to stay, to talk to him, but the fear of revealing herself was too strong.

As she made her way out of the venue, she glanced back at the stage, her heart heavy. *One day, I'll have the courage to show him who I really am,* she vowed silently. Until then, she would remain the mysterious "Unique Cookie," watching from the sidelines, hoping for a day when she could step into the light.

---