𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀 𝗼𝗳 '𝟬𝟵...

Guys... we made it... Shadow, the story based on Class of 09, is complete with this chapter. Now you might be asking, what about The Flipside? 

...

That foot-fetish simulator of a game will not be implemented in this story, BUT, for those that asked for Jecka's dad and Nicole's mom bashing, this chapter is for you.

In any case, thank you, for reading Shadow...

- Project Unknown

_______________________________________

June 28th, 2009...

Snore...

The morning sun streamed through the window, casting soft golden light across the room as Marcus stirred awake

The morning sun streamed through the window, casting soft golden light across the room as Marcus stirred awake. It was early, and the house was still quiet, but today was different. Today was the day he'd been waiting for—his high school graduation. The culmination of four years of hard work, friendships, and memories, all leading to this one moment.

He stretched in bed, staring up at the ceiling, the reality of it all slowly sinking in. 18 years old, on the verge of adulthood, yet it still felt surreal.

There was a knock on his door, and before Marcus could respond, it opened to reveal his mother, Maria Graves, standing in the doorway with a soft smile.

"Morning, sweetheart," she said, her voice warm and soothing. "Big day today. How are you feeling?"

Marcus sat up, rubbing his eyes and grinning at her. "I feel... I don't know. Weird. Excited, I guess."

Maria walked in, sitting on the edge of his bed and smoothing out the blanket absentmindedly. Her dark hair was pulled into a neat bun, and she looked proud, a little emotional even.

"I can't believe my baby's graduating," she said softly, a glimmer of tears in her eyes. "Feels like just yesterday you were starting kindergarten, running around the yard with Nathan."

...

Marcus chuckled. "Yeah, and now he's a police officer, running around Chicago."

"You can thank Roy for that," Maria replied, giving him a teasing nudge.

As if on cue, Derrick Graves, Marcus's father, called from downstairs. "Marcus! You up? We're not gonna be late today, are we?"

"Coming!" Marcus shouted back, rolling out of bed.

Maria smiled and stood up, patting his shoulder. "Take your time. We've got a few hours before the ceremony, but your dad's already got the camera ready. You know how he gets."

Marcus grinned. "Yeah, I know. Thanks, Mom."

She gave him a gentle hug before heading back downstairs. Marcus watched her go, the gravity of the day hitting him once more. This was it. This was really it.