seventeen🩸

As the evening fell and the ominous glow of the Blood Moon began to rise, Miyeon found herself being quietly escorted out of the castle by Jaeyun's parents

As the evening fell and the ominous glow of the Blood Moon began to rise, Miyeon found herself being quietly escorted out of the castle by Jaeyun's parents. The tension in the air was noticeable, and though Miyeon tried to remain calm, the growing unease gnawed at her.

At the entrance to the castle, Jaeyun and his friends stood waiting for her.. One by one, they each gave her words of reassurance. Heeseung patted her shoulder, Sunghoon gave her a nod, and Jungwon even managed a small joke, telling her, "Don't let the books bore you too much." But their attempts at lightheartedness didn't do much to ease her nerves.

Finally, Jaeyun stepped forward, his expression serious, his eyes fixed on hers. "Stay safe, Miyeon. I'll come find you as soon as this is over and I'm sorry for not telling you about this before," he said to her.

His words held a weight that made her heart race. She nodded, unable to find the right words to respond. She wanted to tell him that she forgave him and to be careful too and  let the Blood Moon overwhelm him, but all she could do was simply nod as he squeezed her hand briefly before stepping back.

With that, the queen led Miyeon away from the castle and toward the secluded lodge. The walk was quiet, only the sounds of the forest surrounding them as the eerie red hue of the Blood Moon began to cast shadows on the trees. When they finally reached the lodge, the queen opened the door to reveal the small, dimly lit space inside.

"This will be your safe place for the night," the queen said, her voice low but firm. "There's a lantern for light and a few books if you need to pass the time. It's only for a few hours, Miyeon. I'll return for you when it's over."

Miyeon glanced around the dark, unfamiliar space, her nerves tightening in her chest. She nodded again, trying to muster some courage. "Thank you, Your Majesty."

The queen gave her a brief, reassuring smile before stepping out of the lodge and shutting the door behind her. Miyeon heard the lock click into place, and just like that, she was alone, trapped inside the dark house with only the flickering lantern and a handful of books to keep her company as the Blood Moon loomed ever higher in the night sky.

The eerie crimson glow of the Blood Moon illuminated the lodge, casting unsettling shadows on the walls. Miyeon sat on the bed, her heart still racing from the tension of the day, but she had finally started to calm down. The isolation of the lodge, deep in the woods, brought her a small sense of relief. No one knows where I am. I'm safe here, she reassured herself.

An hour passed, and everything remained quiet. The only sounds were the occasional creak of the old wooden house and the faint rustling of wind through the trees. Miyeon flipped through the pages of a book, trying to distract herself, but her mind kept wandering to Jaeyun if he's doing okay.

Suddenly, the sharp sound of breaking glass pierced the silence. Miyeon froze, her breath catching in her throat. Her eyes widened in panic as she stared toward the door, the noise coming from downstairs.