Chapter 6

-Somewhat Edited-

Chapter six

The heat was unbearable but nothing was worse than the humidity.

It was five a.m., I was out on the sand near the shore and I still don't have any hair ties. You might think that my dear friends would be kind enough to lend me a few but I do have the tendency to break and lose them. You know what, I'm going to get a haircut cause I don't give a damn. Yes, it may seem like I'm over reacting a bit because it's just two months right? Nah, I actually wanted to get my hair cut for a while and now I have the excuse and the authority to do it—mind you, my parents aren't seeing or dictating me until late August so... I'm a grown woman. And as my first act as a grown ass woman I will get a haircut right after I buy the phone with the money that... my parents sent me...

I sat carefully on the edge of the water when then sun started to rise. I brought my knees up to my face and let out a long groan between them. It's been two days since Lucas asked me out and I haven't left the house since; I go out really early in the mornings but given his 'occupation' I don't think he's a morning stalker.

I looked up just as the streams of light burst from the horizon; that's my cue to get inside. As soon as I walked through the back door I was ambushed.

"Why are you always out so early?" Ciara narrowed her dark eyes at me carefully, of course she'd notice; she wasn't as big on Hinduism as her parents—I mean, she had no regard for infidelity—but she never slept in late and missed worship.

I groaned long and tired when I saw Jan sprawled of on the ugly rug looking all smug.

"We don't actually care Lei," Jan whispered and Ciara snickered rolled her eyes at me.

"You're so childish," Ciara pinched my cheeks and grabbed my arm tightly, "Come on we've got a surprise for you but you have to promise to be quiet and not spaz out."

"How the hell am I childish?" I muttered bitterly, "I'm not childish, you're the one who's chil—

"Promise," she fixed me with an intense stare that shut me up.

"Fine," I resigned and Jan hopped up enthusiastically and skipped up the stairs, "But I swear if it's a stripper I'm waking Lynn up and telling her."

Ciara just rolled her eyes at me—and I swore I heard her mutter 'so childish' under her breath—and towed me up the stairs to the bedroom, walking carefully when we passed Lynn's. We were in front of the bedroom door and I heard Jan muttering a stream of instructions. Ciara kicked the door open slowly and clamped a hand over my mouth.

"Surprise," a smug lopsided smile crawled across his face slowly and my heart stopped for a while.

For a minute I forgot that Ciara's hand was over my mouth. All I could focus on was the rather comfortable looking parasite sitting cross-legged on my bed—well, mattress but that's not the point! The point is that there was a boy in the room and Lynn had a clear 'no boys in the bedroom' rule. I slowly moved my eyes from his pale mischievous orbs to Jan's shifty anxious ones.

"Shit," Jan shot up from the bed—the actual bed—quickly and ran for the door.

Before I knew it Ciara and Jan were out the door and it closed swiftly but quietly in my face. I tried the knob only to realise that it can only be locked—and unlocked—with a key... from the outside.

"I'm sorry Lei," Jan whispered shouted through the door, "I knew you were going to tell and I can't let you fuck this up."

"And if you do try to wake Lynn up we'll just unlock the door and act shocked when we open it to find you with a boy," Ciara finished in a bored tone.