Chapter 10

UNEDITED

Chapter Ten

Oh, shit, was my first thought as I gained enough consciousness to hear the steady beeping sound, I think I left my phone at Lynn's house... My parents are going to kill me.... It's probably been DAYS!

My eyelids fluttered open with great effort only to be momentarily blinded by the sterile, bright fluorescence overhead. I groaned and closed my eyes again.  I felt light headed and weird; I was most likely high on pain medication but I didn't mind. I don't think I could have dealt with the embarrassment to be faced whilst sober.

"How's it going gorgeous?" Lucas' groggy and overwhelmingly attractive voice sounded beside me, sending tingles all over my body, "you scared the shit out of me you clumsy bunny."

"Can you please turn the lights off," I moaned softly in an almost incomprehensible slur and clenched the sheets in my fists with my eyes still closed, "your voice sounds so hot, by the way."

He chuckled softly and I opened my eyes again and found the lights to be less annoying even though they were still on. Turning my head to face the direction his voice was coming from. I found him seated in a dark green chair, hunched over my bed.

"Aren't cha a little too close for comfort Casanova?" I winked up at his face which was hovering above mine, supported by his palm, "You have really, really beautiful eyes!"

I gasped and reached my hand up to caress his face. He chuckled and smiled down at me, dimples flashing, in response. My stomach fluttered and I flushed as my fingertips brushed his lips.

"Your skin is so soft!" I gasp and squeezed his bottom lip between my thumb and my index finger gently, "Are your lips really this soft or do these drugs have me have an effect on my nerves?"

"I don't know bunny," his lips tugged upwards and out of my grasp, "Are my lips softer when you're high?"

My fingers twitched on his face as I flushed and the beeping noise grew alarmingly fast and loud. My eyes met his and the noise grew.

Right as his face began to gain proximity, the door creaked open and he was stood straight with an impish look on his face and a fist in his hair.

He winked down at my embarrassed state as an aging doctor made his way towards us with a warm smile on his face on his tanned face.

"Hello Miss Rhee," he the doctor greeted in his thick Italian accent, gazing curiously at the merciless beeping device, "I'm Dr. Albero and you have recovered quite well given how alarming your injuries were."

"Thank goodness for the drugs or this wouldn't be fun for either one of us," I said cheekily in Italian and the doctor's smile grew wider as he chuckled and shook his head, "How long have I been here anyway? Did this stupid, ugly stalker ever leave? Can I get these drugs in a super-sized take away box?"

"Nice to see that you're in such good spirits after such an injury," he laughed and began to check the machines beside me whilst Lucas gave me a shocked and amused look, "You've been out for about two days, lost a lot of blood too. The poor boy never left and if he did he was hell-bent on making sure you weren't left alone."

"And the drugs...?" I asked with a hopeful smile as I ignored what he said about Lucas, "Is that going to happen?"

He finished writing up whatever he had to before he looked down on me with a failed stern expression. He was trying so hard not to laugh at the random and ridiculously high patient who's shockingly fluent in Italian.