Chapter 9

UNEDITED

Chapter Nine

"So?" Ciara grinned at me eagerly from the ugly rug as I made my way down the stairs towards the kitchen, "How was your date with you sugar daddy?"

I grimaced at her and made a disgusted noise and walked into the kitchen away from her.

"It wasn't a date," I muttered tiredly, filling a glass with water from the tap, "And I have no idea what you're talking about with that 'sugar daddy' crap."

"I'm winking continuously by the way," she shouted at me in a smug voice, "Gosh! I'm so proud of you! You basically slept over. Did you, you know 'sleep over'?"

"It's too early for you to be so annoying," I flushed at the fact that I didn't get back until around three this morning and took a sip of the water before walking into the living room again, "And if you're implying that we um... Did it..."

"Oh my god Lei you are so fucking adorable," her eyebrows rose and she looked at me like I was a German Shepard pup, "You can't even say the word sex or talk about it without stuttering and changing the topic."

"Shut up," I sat on the love seat in front of her and took another sip of water.

"So what happened?" She picked at her nail and gazed up at me with her almond eyes and well groomed eyebrows then she smirked, "Did our little Leila realise that she likes someone?"

"Hey, where's Jan?" I averted my gaze and tried to find something else to talk about so o focused on Lynn's questionable decor, "Was that vase always blue? I could've sworn it was pink! Maybe I'm going colour blind. Hmm... I should get that tested shouldn't I?"

"You bitch," a slow grin crept onto her beautiful golden features through her annoyance, "You kissed him didn't you?"

I gulped down the remainder of the water in the glass and got up quickly to refill it only earning a snort from Ci.

"You're not ten Lei," Ciara said in an almost serious tone, "You're eighteen."

I rolled my eyes and turned the tap on.

"You're allowed to like people," she sounded almost exasperated, "And hug them and kiss them! And good lord you can fuck them as well! No one gives a shit so long as you don't get a fucking STD."

"You have such a filthy mouth it's not even funny," I chuckled trying to ignore my rising temperature as I remembered his arm around my waist and his soft lips against mine.

"Yeah you should hear me whe-

"Don't want to," I cut her off and splashed the cold water on my face, "Really don't need to know."

"Eh, suit yourself," she giggled and I could hear her footsteps getting closer, "So what'd you guys do anyway? If you weren't banging then why'd you get back so late?"

"He tricked me into babysitting with him," I smiled at the memory despite myself, "We had to wait until her mother came to pick her up, the other guys left him alone until that happened."

I turned around to face her when I realised she wasn't responding, her mouth formed a perfect 'o' and her eyebrows met her hairline.

"The kid isn't his!" I laughed at her shocked expression and rolled my eyes, "It was Jordan's little sister."

"Uh, you mean Jesse," her bewilderment melted and she rolled her eyes at me, "Oh my gosh! You got to meet Amber, she's so darn cute!"

"You guys are so creepy it's not even funny," I shook my head in disbelief at how much she really knew about those boys, "But yeah, she's a sweetheart even though she has this cute crush on Lucas."