Chapter 33 - Ra Ra Guards

An excerpt from Held Captive: The True Story of Life Under Rafanoli. By: Asher Tibbles

Ra Ra Guards were implemented in 1850 with the first arrival of immigrants. They were stationed in the Clinkirk Compound to promote order and handle any altercations.

After Stormy Shore was built, Ra Ra Guards were first positioned along the perimeter of Stormy Shore and then running around the small community with the added duty of handing out passes to those needing to leave the barricade. Each pass was dated with the resident's name, the current time and when they needed to return by. Their non-dominant hand was also stamped with the face of Luca Rafanoli.

To become a Ra Ra Guard, one must complete a written examination as well as a physical component consisting of a series of obstacle courses and endurance testing. In addition to one year at the academy which opened in 1868 or if living in the Clinkirk Compound a year under the guidance of the selected protractor. These lessons are conducted after the normal ten-hour workday has ended. Becoming a Ra Ra Guard is the only way someone born in the Clinkirk Compound can leave to work in Stormy Shore. However, they must first serve five years before they can apply for a transfer. This is not guaranteed as positions are limited.