DBC - 9 🥛🎀

POV: Milk

Good thing I finally got some cash from "the mayor"—or rather, Namtan, I thought sarcastically. There's no way I would let my pretty little lady spend her hard-earned money on me, especially after everything she's done to help. Not going to happen.

"Milk, I'd like you to meet my friend Earn. She's the humble owner of this famous eatery," Ciize said, her voice warm as she introduced her friend. 

Earn was grinning from ear to ear, clearly delighted that Ciize had finally paid her a visit. Her eyes never left Ciize, even as she extended a hand to welcome me.

"Order whatever you want, it's on me," Earn said, still gazing at Ciize as if she were the only person in the room, completely ignoring my presence.

"No, I insist. We came here because I wanted to treat her myself," I replied, making it clear I wasn't here for a free meal. I'm not the type to let a woman pay for me. That's just not how I operate.

Finally, I seemed to catch her attention, if only for a moment. She glanced at me and said, "Didn't Ciize tell you? She and her friends always eat here for free. She's my lucky charm. Every time she's around, the place just lights up—gets busy, cheerful. It's all because of her."

She returned her gaze to Ciize, making no effort to hide her admiration. It was almost embarrassing how obvious she was about it. Not that I could blame her—Ciize is one of a kind.

I didn't argue further, though I discreetly left a hefty tip on the table, making sure Ciize didn't notice.

After a satisfying meal, we moved on to another shop, this time a pastry shop for dessert. Before Ciize could introduce me, a woman covered in tattoos immediately pulled her into a tight embrace. 

This edgy woman even had the audacity to kiss her cheek right in front of me. I couldn't believe it. Who does she think she is? Does she not know who I am? How could she do that to my girl without my consent? I fumed inwardly, trying to keep my cool.