Chapter 48

Back to young master Cale.

"What should we do about this?" Basen asked seeing Cale still frozen.

"I feel that they are not going to give up and I am not going to let them either. Unfortunately the fact that you are suspected of being a saint will already agitate the churches of death throughout the kingdom. But also those of the neighboring kingdoms, everyone will be interested in you and try to recruit you into their kingdom, both the royalty and the churches. It will be dangerous for you, even if I am sure that everyone around you will manage to protect you .Can't you ask the god of death to do something about this?" Deruth asked very seriously even though he himself wasn't sure about his request.

"I don't think it's very helpful." Cale was sure he might even cause more trouble. And this is verified not even a minute later by an urgent call from a servant. Cale and Basen could clearly hear the conversation on the other side.

"The temple in the capital has called, an oracle has arrived. The god of death promised protection to young master Cale."

Cale got even worse. Both Basen and his father feared that he would eventually pass out.

"Basen if you could help your brother..."

Basen understood of course, he helped his brother lie down on the large sofa where they were both sitting.

Cale surprisingly didn't say anything and let it happen. This worried them even more. Basen looked at his father through the orb asking him to do something.

"I will try to do something, have a good trip." Deruth cut the call and sighed. He didn't really know how to help Cale. But he certainly won't let them do it, he had already tried to hurt his son even if it was not intentional, they will never go near him again. He must also think about keeping his son away from certain nobles, this situation had really quickly degenerated.

Obviously the entire continent was informed of the coming of a saint of the god of death and his identity. Count Deruth was contacted by all the temples of the god of death... he didn't even know there were so many!

Deruth hoped Cale's trip would last as long as possible. Obviously the massage was relayed everywhere, the temples were fighting to try to contact count Deruth to try to meet his son as quickly as possible.

He had a particularly boring visit that day.

" What can I do for you ?" No greetings or anything, he was very annoyed and he wanted his guest to understand that too.

"You have certainly heard of the oracle." The bishop was seated in front of the count, he had two priests with him.

"Unfortunately yes but you missed my son he left for a long trip and I don't know when he will return."

"I understand but I would like to at least talk to him as soon as possible. Talking to him about his new status too would be best." Deruth couldn't see any greedy expression or anything similar but he still won't trust her. Especially since he knows that it is possible to hide these expressions well, as a nobleman by birth he was used to them. Besides Cale wasn't even a saint, this situation made no sense.

"My son has nothing to say to you and neither do I. I don't have time to manage this situation, I'm quite busy you see." He really wanted to get rid of this person. Propriety be damned, the church may have been higher than the king or any monarch Deruth didn't care at all.

"I'm sorry but it's really important, we can't leave a person of his importance, It's been centuries since any saint has been named. He is very important to us and I promise no harm will come to him." He was absolutely sincere in his words, it would be an honor to speak with a saint. And renaming it would be great...

"I think it's already too late, your church already almost killed him! How can you ask that and even suggest that he is a saint when the very energy of your god hurts her." Deruth was angry but he didn't completely forget to lie, it wasn't completely the truth but it might help him.

"Yes I have been informed of this incident and I am sorry but this is not really correct, your son had a special place with my lord but the priest present that day used his power carelessly. So there were disastrous consequences but it won't happen again, I promise you."

"No and it's final."

The bishop frowned at the count's words. "You can't go against the church!"

"Try and see, I might even go against your god for my son!"

He was shocked by the audacity of this man. "I could have you arrested for your words, the king..."

Deruth scoffed at the word king, as if he was thinking of doing something against him. He will never do it if he does not want to lose his kingdom.

The man sighed as the count pondered his next action.

"Fine, as you wish." He gestured to the two men with him, who approached the Count