FM14

Jimin was in his room, ready to sleep. The stress of work and the search for Yoongi had pushed his body to its limits. The weight of frustration and exhaustion settled over him, fueling his anger. Every time he faced Namjoon, that frustration turned into rage, lashing out at the omega without thought. His emotional exhaustion transformed into a sharp arrow, always directed at Namjoon.

A knock interrupted his thoughts. Grumpily, he opened the door to find a maid.

“Master is calling you to his study,” she said quickly before hurrying away. Lately, everyone avoided Jimin, knowing that one wrong move could set him off like a ticking grenade.

With a deep sigh, Jimin dragged his feet toward his father’s study, wondering why he was being summoned at this hour. When he knocked and entered, he saw Somi, the head maid, pouring tea for his father. Instantly, he knew the reason for his father’s call. Somi had likely reported what had been happening in the mansion. He shot her an accusing glare, but sat down as his father motioned for him to.

Somi, feeling the tension, quickly left the room. Jimin’s sharp eyes followed her until she was gone.

“Stop staring at her,” Mr. Park said, making Jimin finally turn his attention to him. “She works on my command.”

“You command them to spy and snitch? Fascinating,” Jimin retorted mockingly.

“When your actions are worth reporting, no one can help it,” Mr. Park responded, disappointment lacing his tone. “I don’t think I need to explain why I called you here.”

“I have nothing to explain,” Jimin replied coldly.

“Not even your behavior toward your omega?” Mr. Park asked pointedly.

“He’s not my omega,” Jimin growled.

“That gives you even more reason to treat him well, since he isn’t your omega,” Mr. Park emphasized, displeasure clear in his voice.

“You have no say in what happens between us,” Jimin snapped.

“And why is that?” Mr. Park asked, challenging him. Jimin had no answer. His own words contradicted themselves, leaving him at a loss.

“Stop twisting my words against me. You know what I mean,” Jimin tried to argue.

“No, I don’t. One moment, you say he’s not your omega, and the next, you act like you own him. Like it’s your right to mistreat him. Please, enlighten me—what is he to you?” Mr. Park pressed.

Jimin fell silent for a few moments before speaking bitterly. “He’s the one who murdered my brother. A liar.”

“No, Jimin. He’s an omega. Younger than Yoongi. Can you imagine someone treating Yoongi the way you treat Namjoon?” Mr. Park asked, his voice heavy with sadness.

Jimin slammed his hand on the table. “Don’t bring my brother into this!”

“You’re the one bringing Yoongi into this, using him to justify your hatred toward that child,” Mr. Park replied calmly.

“Because of him, my brother isn’t with me!” Jimin’s words were filled with venom, his emotions raw.

“That’s not true, Jimin. What if Namjoon really helped Yoongi? Will you be able to face Yoongi in the afterlife after hurting that child?” Mr. Park asked, his voice soft but firm.

Jimin struggled to respond. His mind searched for a defense, but none came.

“It was his first heat, Jimin. You have no idea what kind of pain you’ve caused him,” Mr. Park continued, his sadness evident. “He is your mate. If you don’t respect him, no one in this house will. One day, even the staff will start treating him poorly. Don’t punish him for a crime he never intended to commit. I beg you—be the bigger person. Let him go.”