Capter 9 Falling for him

The next morning, I woke up at 10:00am so I could have the house cleaned before Milo came over. It was about 12:30pm when I got done cleaning the whole house then I went upstairs and got ready for the day. I put on a hoodie and jeans then brushed my hair and put it in a messy bun. I looked at the pictures of me, Milo, Nolan, and William that were hanging on a string across my mirror with mini clothespins. "I love you all." I said, staring at the picture as a tear went down my face. I heard the doorbell ring, so I quickly wiped away the tear and went downstairs to open the door for Milo. "I got food!" Milo said as he walked in and sat the food down on the table. I grabbed two plates from the cabinet and sat them down next to the food on the table. "I hope you like chicken fried rice." Milo said, smiling. "I love chicken fried rice." I said, smiling back. "I also have egg rolls and cheese bread." Milo said back. I sat my plate down and hugged Milo tightly. "Thank you so much for being here." I said, nearly crying. "You're very welcome." Milo said back, laying his head down on my shoulder. "Alright let's figure out what movie we want to watch. I said letting go of Milo. After we got food, we went and sat on the couch and picked out a movie. We sat there for about 4 hours watching movies and talking then got leftovers for dinner. After Milo left, I put the leftovers in the fridge then went upstairs and watched a show until I fell asleep. The next day when I woke up there were messages from my mom

Mom: Hey, I'll be back in town around 10:00am. Meet me at Owen's caffe so we can have coffee and lunch.

Ally: Whatever.

Mom: Don't get that way with me, just do what you're told.

How does she expect me to be so nice to her with all the hell she's put me through. I'll have to text my dad and see if he will drop me off at the caffe.

Ally: Hey, mom will be back in town today and she wants me to meet her at Owen's caffe will you be able to drop me off there after I get ready?

Dad: I'm at work and you sat there saying I was just like your mother so find a different way there.

After I got ready, I grabbed my wallet, house keys and hoodie and started walking. It took about 17 minutes to get to the caffe. When I got to the caffe I looked for my mom and spotted her at the table next to the window. "Hi sweetie." My mother said, looking at me. "Hi mom." I said back, sitting down. "Are you ready to order?" The waitress asked. "Yes. I'll have a grilled cheese sandwich with tomato sauce and lemonade." My mom said, looking at the waitress. "And for you?" The waitress asked, looking over at me. "Just water." I said, giving my mother a stern look. "Okay it'll be out soon." The waitress said, walking away. "Why the fuck would you leave for vacation while knowing I was missing?" I yelled at my mom. "Ally this is not the time for arguing. I'm trying to spend time with you." My mom said in a clam voice. "Yeah, cause your fucking mother of the year, right?" I yelled back, standing up to leave. "Ally, I missed you." My mom said, standing up. "No, you didn't. You didn't even care that I was missing." I said back, walking out of the caffe. I can't believe she invited me to a cafe to try spending time with me. After I got home, I got a call from the police station that me and Milo had to go in to talk to the police officers from yesterday. Milo and his dad picked me up then we went to the police station. "We found Nolan and Jen's bodies. Next to Nolan was a note that said always watching." The police officer said in a worried voice. "What does that mean?" Milo asked in confusion. "You both need to be very careful around anyone." The police officer said back. "We will be. Thank you." Milo said back. I looked at Milo worried. "We will be okay." Milo said, hugging me tightly. After we finished talking to the police Milo's dad dropped me off at home. "You didn't have to make me look like a fool today." My mom said as I walked in the house and closed the door. I ignored her and started walking up the stairs. "I'm going to a hotel." My mom said walking out the door and slamming it closed. I walked up stairs and texted Milo.

Ally: My mom is pissed.

Milo: Oh, shit she's back in town?

Ally: Yeah, she invited me to a caffe, and I went off on her.

Milo: Good that's what she gets.

Ally: She left and went to a hotel, so God only knows how long she'll be gone.

Milo: Well, I'll come over tomorrow and we can hang out all day. I have something fun planned.

Ally: Okay sounds great!

Milo: I'm going to get some sleep.

Ally: Okay goodnight.

Milo: Goodnight.

I sat my phone on my bed and grabbed clothes to take a shower. After I got out of the shower I blow dried my hair then watched tv and got a message from my dad.

Dad: Please respect your mother. I'm tired of her texting me.

Ally: Then block her. Stop texting me about it.

After watching a couple of episodes of my show, I fell asleep. The next day I must have slept in too long because I woke up to Milo ringing the doorbell. I quickly ran downstairs and opened the door. "Sorry I slept in." I said, as Milo walked in the house. "I can see that." Milo said, laughing a little. "What's that?" I asked, looking at the bags Milo sat on the table. "We are making homemade cookies today." Milo said, smiling. "When?" I asked. "Right now, grab a bowl." Milo said back. "Bossy much?" I said laughing a little. "Oh, hush and grab the bowl." Milo said laughing. I grabbed the mixing bowl and sat it on the counter then grabbed the flour, eggs, brown sugar, vanilla, and chocolate chips out of the bags. Milo grabbed a cup of flour and put it in the bowl. I turned to grab a whisker out of the drawer. "Ally." Milo said. I turned around and Milo threw a handful of flour at me. "Hey!" I shouted, grabbing the bag of flour. "Don't you dare." Milo said laughing. I grabbed a handful of flour out of the bag and threw it at Milo. "Give me that." Milo said, trying to grab the bag of flour from my hand. The bag began to tear and just as Milo pulled the bag flour went everywhere. "Oh shit." We both said laughing. Milo grabbed the bag and took out a cup of flour from what was left in the bag. After we finished making the cookies and put them in the oven we began to clean up. First, we swept the floor then mopped then we began to wipe everything off. By the time we were done cleaning everything off it was time to take the cookies out the oven. After we let the cookies, cool Milo took them off the pan and put some on a plate and put the rest in a container. We sat on the couch and watched movies while eating cookies. "Why do you think we were the ones that survived?" I asked Milo, turning my head to look at him. "I don't know. Maybe there was a reason." Milo said back, looking me in the eyes. "I'm glad we've been getting along better." I said back. "Me too." Milo said, smiling. Milo leaned in, moving his face closer to mine. I leaned in, our lips nearly meeting until his phone rang. I quickly looked away as Milo turned to grab his phone. I stared at the tv until Milo hung his phone up. "I have to go. My dad is here to get me because he doesn't want me out too late." Milo said, looking at me disappointed. We both stood up staring at each other. Milo hugged me tightly. "Be safe." Milo said as he walked out, closing the door behind him. I walked to the kitchen, put the cookies on the counter, and washed the bowl and pans that we used. As I thought about how much fun we were having I began to feel my face turn red as I was smiling. This feels wrong, I thought to myself. After I finished washing the bowl and pan, I walked up stairs and laid on my bed thinking about the day I had when I got a message from Nolan's grandma.

Nolans grandma: Hey, I know you're probably going through a lot right now, but I just wanted to let you know that Nolan's funeral will be tomorrow.

Ally: Thanks for letting me know.

Nolans grandma: You're welcome sweetie.

After I stopped talking to Nolans grandma I texted Milo.

Ally: Hey, did you hear Nolan's funeral is tomorrow?

Milo: Yeah, my dad told me.

Ally: Okay. I'm going to try to get some sleep.

Milo: Okay. Goodnight.

Ally: Goodnight.

I sat my phone down on my bed and tears began to run down my face. I hugged my pillow tightly while crying until I fell asleep.