Chapter 6 The concussion

The next morning when we woke up Milo cooked the rest of the fish. After we finished eating, we drank some water and used the restroom. We began taking the tents down and putting everything away. "Ready to start walking?" Nolan asked. "No." I said back, laughing a little. After we made sure we had everything packed we began to walk. "Is the compass working yet?" I asked Milo. "No, not yet." Milo said back. "Well hopefully it will start working when we get out of here." Nolan said back. "Yeah, hopefully." Milo said in disappointed voice. We kept walking for about 2 hours. "Shh." I said as I stopped walking. "Awesome." Milo said staring at the deer. I took a picture of the deer just before it ran from being startled by the noise of the camera. "Im going to need a copy of that picture when you print them after we get out of here." Nolan said, smiling. "Me to." Milo said as well. "Might as well make some what of good memories while we are trapped in these woods." I said back, continuing to walk. After about another hour of walking I began to hear something rustling around in the woods. "Shh." I said as I stopped walking. "Is it another deer?" Milo asked. "No." I said back. "It sounds like walking." Nolan said quietly. We began walking the other direction quietly in a fast pace. As the footsteps began to get louder and closer we began to run. As we were running Milo tripped over a log and hit his head on the ground. "Shit. Milo?" I called his name but there was no response. I couldn't hear the sounds of the footsteps anymore so we must have lost whoever was chasing us. "Milo?" Nolan called his name, giving him a little tap on the face. "Milo opened his eyes slowly. "What happened?" Milo asked. "He might be having symptoms of a concussion." Nolan said, looking at me. Me and Nolan helped Milo stand up then we walked for about an hour before finding a place to rest so we could make sure we weren't being followed anymore. After we found a place to rest, we sat Milo up against a tree and began to unpack everything. As me and Nolan were setting the tents up, we asked Milo questions to see if he remembered what had happened before passing out. "My head hurts." Milo said looking at me and Nolan. "Well, that's probably because you hit your head really hard on the ground." Nolan said back, trying not to laugh. "Nolan." I said nudging him in the arm. "What?" He said back, smiling. "It's not funny he could have been seriously hurt." I said back. Milo stared at me and Nolan blankly. Nolan started laughing while staring at Milo. "Nolan." I said nudging him in the arm harder then the first time. "Ow!" Nolan said back, holding his arm. "I can't stand when he looks at us like that." Nolan said covering his mouth, trying to hide him laughing. I walked over to Milo and sat in front of him. "How many fingers am I holding up?" I asked, Holding 3 fingers up. "6." Milo said back. "I can't" I said standing up, laughing. "I told you." Nolan said back, laughing as well. After me and Nolan pulled ourselves together, we began asking him questions to try and help him remember what happened. After about an hour of trying to help Milo gain his memory back the only part, he remembered was me taking a picture of the deer. While Nolan cooked another can of beans me and Milo sat near the fire. After Nolan finished heating the beans up, we used the same spoons Milo made with the can top last night and began to eat. After we finished eating, we drank some water. "Im going to go down to the river and wash up." Nolan said, grabbing the soap from Milo's bag. "Okay." I said back. It was a good thing the river flowed throughout most of the woods because we had a rather good water resource. "You doing okay?" I said, looking over at Milo. "Yeah." He said back. "I just have a headache from hell." Milo said, holding his head. I grabbed the pain relievers from my bag and gave Milo 2 of them with a bottle of water. "Thanks." Milo said as he opened the bottle of water and swallowed the pills. "Of course." I said back. After about 20 minutes Nolan returned from the river. "Ill go next I guess." I said grabbing the soap from Nolan. "Be safe." Nolan said, as I began walking down to the river. When I came back from the river both Nolan and Milo were asleep around the fire. How on earth were they able to sleep on the bare ground, I thought to myself. I woke Nolan and Milo up to tell them to go to their tents so they could sleep comfortably. I stayed up staring at the fire. The bright orange and yellow flames were beautiful. After I knew for sure that the pan was cool, I grabbed it and took it down to the river to be washed then I put it in Milo's bag. As I was putting the pan away, I saw the knife that William gave Milo in 9th grade. I couldn't believe he still had it. Milo was known for losing everything he was given. I sat back down by the fire until it was fully burnt out. After the fire burnt out, I went to my tent and read more of my book that I got from my sister then I went to sleep.