34. First Taste of Blood (Part 2)

Reader's discretion is advised: This chapter contains mildly spicy scenes🌶️🌶️🌶️

Lucien tasted like heaven and hell, a bittersweet blend that left Castor craving for more. Rich nectar coated his tongue, and a low groan rumbled in the back of his throat as he pressed Lucien down against the bed.

A sharp gasp escaped Lucien's swollen lips, enough to pull Castor from his bloodlust-induced trance. He lurched back from Lucien as if he'd burned him. Desire pooled within him like lava, and he struggled not to pin Lucien back down and sink his fangs deep in his neck to taste more of his delicious blood. He'd experienced firsthand what it felt like to lose control, and agony clawed at his throat as he whimpered, "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you."

Lucien sat bolt upright, head tilting slightly. "You didn't hurt me. Come here." He outstretched his arms, but Castor couldn't bring himself to accept his comfort. Not without the paranoid thoughts floating through his mind of accidentally hurting him.

When Castor didn't budge, Lucien used a little magic to coax him closer with a mere swirl of his index finger. Light green embers gently nudged him back to the bed, where he was forced to nestle down beside Lucien, who looked at him with concern rather than fear. Those soft, comforting hands returned to his face, his touches soaked with warm healing magic that eased the slight pain in his mouth.

"It won't happen again, I promise."

"Castor, I'm not that fragile." Lucien's hands trailed down to his waist and he pulled himself over to sit in his lap. Inching closer, he let his warm breath tickle Castor's pointy earlobe as he said in a husky tone, "I like it when you're rough with me."

Heat crept up Castor's neck, all the way to his ears that burned bright red like two Snowfall Eve ornaments. Lucien pressed himself tightly against him, and Castor felt the heat radiating from his body as he rolled his hips. He traced a finger along Castor's lower lip, parting it slightly to brush the pad over the sharp points of his fangs, and he struggled to resist biting him.

"Don't bite his neck." Sebastian approached his bedside, casting a knowing glance his way. "As tempting as it is, you could hurt Lucien badly if you insert your fangs the wrong way. The neck is rich with blood, but it's just as easy to make him bleed out in minutes if you don't know how to use your venom to heal the wound."

Castor caressed Lucien's neck. "It's probably safer if I don't bite you."

"I didn't say that. Just avoid his neck. Once you've had a chance to use your fangs, you'll learn how to control biting someone. As I'm sure Lucien's more than willing to help you learn." There was a note of amusement in Sebastian's voice, and Castor sensed he was quite enjoying this. It was certainly one way to make him drink blood.

With Lucien so close, Castor remembered quite well how Sebastian had nearly lost himself to his bloodlust with Lucien before. But Lucien's special blood type gave him an advantage, one that allowed him to control vampires.

"Arm's pretty safe, wouldn't you think?" Lucien was sliding his robe off before Sebastian could even confirm that, exposing his light apricot skin.

It shouldn't have been so damn intimate to touch his arm, of all things, but as Castor pressed a kiss to his soft skin, he melted at the mere touch. All of his senses had heightened, ones he'd never even considered until his body ached just to feel more of Lucien.

He stole a glance at Lucien, gauging his reaction as he kept his delicate arm near his mouth, only a hairbreadth away from his fangs. Were other vampires terrified to take their first bite? Or insanely aroused by the idea of it? Castor's mind was a whirlwind of emotions, but Lucien's gentle fingers tangling through his hair made all those worries float away like leaves in the fall breeze.