𝒐𝒏𝒆.

𝒐𝒏𝒆.
𝑬'𝒔 𝒑𝒐𝒗

"𝓣hat's what, a three-story fall to the deck? I give you about a one-in-three chance of survival

"𝓣hat's what, a three-story fall to the deck? I give you about a one-in-three chance of survival."

John B stood on the roof of the half-built house, a beer dangling casually in his hand. I emerged from inside, having just explored the place with Kie. We'd discovered that they were planning to install Japanese toilets with towel warmers—pretty fancy for an unfinished skeleton of a house.

"Should I do it?" John B asked, a mischievous grin on his face as he playfully stuck his finger in his mouth. I answered with a sarcastic nod, fully expecting him to pull some stunt.

"Yeah, you should jump. I'll shoot you on the way down," Pope joked, holding up a drill and aiming it at John B like it was a gun.

"You're gonna shoot me?" John B responded, shaping his fingers into a gun and making playful sound effects with his mouth.

"They're gonna have Japanese toilets with towel warmers," Kie announced as she stepped out of the house, her eyes wide with the discovery. I made my way up to where JJ was perched. No real reason—just a natural instinct to be by his side.

"This used to be a turtle habitat, but who cares about the turtles, I guess," Kie added, noticing John B standing high above on the rooftop.

"I can't have cold towels," JJ replied, and I couldn't help but laugh at his serious tone, amused by the absurdity of it all.

"Can you please not kill yourself?" Kie called out, her eyes locked on John B.

"Don't spill that beer; I'm not giving you another one," JJ warned, and right on cue, John B fumbled, the beer slipping from his grip and splattering onto the ground below.

"Of course you did, like right when I told you," JJ sighed, disappointment coloring his voice. John B barely noticed, his eyes fixed on the spilled liquid as he let out a groan.

"Smooth."

"A-plus!"

"Well done."

I glanced toward where Pope was standing, hearing a man's voice echo from the side of the house. My suspicions were right—security.