Heist (1)

"War, hurry up! You have to crack the safe now, otherwise we are delivered!" My partner says in a stressedful tone to me.

"I know! Please don't stress me. I'm not doing that for the first time..." I say annoyed into the walkie talkie back.

I turn the wheel on the safe to the matching numbers so that it opens.

Click. Click. Click. And the safe opens. I have no choice but to smile as I press the handle to open the door.

"I did it," I let him know.

"Good, and now take everything you can, get it in your bag and leave as fast as you can. You only have 3 minutes!"

"Yes, yes, I know" and I look at the timer on my watch on my left wrist. The pressure is rising, but I'm trying to stay calm.

I put the bag in front of the open door and pack the bundles of money into the bag as fast as I can.

"Hey, War, hu-" I can't hear no more, because suddenly the contact breaks off. I press the button in my ear and ask what's going on. But I don't get an answer.

"Hello? What is it?", again, no answer. "Hey, Ten? TEN???" I almost scream into the microphone, hoping that he hears me. Instead, I only hear some weird noise in my ear.

"Shit!" I say to myself, hurry up more and more to put all the money into the pocket.

"Shit, shit, shit! Something is not right." Slowly some panic rises in me and my hands are slowly getting colder.

Finally the bag is full and I close the zipper. Exactly at the moment I closed the bag, I hear a click on my head.

"What are you doing?" I hear a voice behind me. My blood suddenly freezes in my veins and I can't move. The adrenaline suddenly shoots through my whole body and I slowly turn back. Out of the corner of my eye, I can quickly see a gun pointed at me. Many people pointed a gun at me before, but this time, it was different. It was so much more dangerous than usual, since otherwise I was the first to pull the gun.

My gaze wanders to the hand that holds the gun. Then to the arm, the shoulder and then the neck of the person. After a short time, my eyes meet the eyes I could never forget. It was the eyes, of my potential killer, of the person I would never forget, since those eyes looked far too percessively into mine.

"It's over" the person says to me. "Get up slowly. Very slowly. Let go of your hands from the pocket and raise them above your head" is ordered to me. I do exactly what is asked of me.

I now stand in front of him with my hands raised, the gun is still pointed at me. Slowly more and more panic rises in me, but I don't want to let anything be noticed. I can't be recognized, at least I think, since I'm wearing a cap and mask. Only my eyes could be a recognition value.

"Who are you?" I am asked.

"That's not important," I say. I quickly decide, after this answer, to grab the pocket full of money and run away. I touch the handle of the bag with a firm grip and I run away. The person in front of me still points the gun at me.

"Hey! Where do you think you're going?" He shouts behind me. "Stand still, or I'll shoot!", but I ignore the warning, which would be my doom a short time later.

"Stand still!" I hear him shouting behind me. But the adrenaline won't let me stop.

A few seconds later I hear several shots fired at me. The first one, then two, then three, then four. The fourth shot hits me on my right calf. The shot brings me down. I drop the bag, and my body right after it.

"I told you I'm going to shoot!" I hear from behind and footsteps come towards me. I can't move because I'm in pain, I scream and grab the gunshot wound that was inflicted on me a few seconds ago. I look at my hand now, it is soaked in blood.

"Shit, it hurts so much!" I say to myself while lying on the floor. Gradually, I can hear the footsteps of the person who shot me getting closer and closer to me. Suddenly I feel a presence that I never wanted to feel again. I can feel two hands on my body. One hand grabs my right arm, while I'm trying to stop the bleeding. Then his other hand, which grabs my left wrist.

"Nice try," he says, holding my hands on my back. "But I have you" he says and I feel his breath nearly as he whispers it into my right ear. His grip becomes stronger and I can feel something cool on my wrists. I hear a click and I realize that I am now tied up with handcuffs.

"That can't be. That MUST not be," I think in my head.

After the handcuffs are applied, he turns me on my back. My hands unintentionally drill into my back, a painful moan escapes me.

"Ah, let me go!" I say and try to fight back, which of course is impossible. I try to turn my head to the side while he weighs his body weight on me so that I can't run away.

"No, I won't," he says to me. "You can't fight back."

I try to get him off of me, but it doesn't help.

"Get off me! Go!" And I shake my tied hands behind my back.

"Never!" And his right hand now moves to my mask. He suddenly pulls it down and I know it's over. All the planning didn't bring anything.