Heist (2)

His eyes look at my face, his mouth opens slightly, as if he wanted to tell me something, but he says nothing and closes his lips.

"Shit," I say, realizing that he now knows what I look like.

His hands touch my shoulders and he pushes me to the floor with a little more pressure. I now feel my hands strongly in my back and it hurts, which I also let him know.

"Man, you know what I look like, why do you hurt me more? I can't run away anyway!" I almost scream in his face because this situation frustrates me so much. For months we have been planning everything. But apparently we were convicted or they somehow knew what we had planned. But from where? Or by whom? Before I can make assumptions, I'll look at his his uniform. A silver name tag comes into my field of vision, but it is also not to be overlooked with the black uniform. I read his name out loud.

"Yin," I say with a grin on my lips. My eyes go from his name tag to his eyes, which look at me with anger.

"So, Officer Yin... What are you going to do now?" I ask him defiantly and can't avoid continuing to grin. I notice how the anger slowly disappears from his eyes and instead he looks at me with a coldness that I had never seen from any person before until that moment. My grin disappears as I notice that this situation seems to be more serious than I think. The silence right now is very loud and no one says a single word. Instead, we just look at each other and I absolutely don't like that.

"What will you do?" I ask seriously. He doesn't say anything, instead he doesn't look into my eyes anymore, but fast at my injured leg.

"What will I do?" He asks without looking at me. He releases his hands from my shoulders and I only feel my body weight on my hands. A load falls off and my body finally feels lighter, as he has raised his upper body to be able to look at my leg better. His eyes fall on me again and he looks at me worriedly, which I do not understand.

"What will I do?" he repeats and I can hear that his voice became lighter, as if he wanted to take care of me.

"I'll take you to the hospital," he says to me in a serious tone.

"What?" I ask confused, because it doesn't make sense to me.

"You're losing too much blood." Am I really doing that? It doesn't feel like it.

"The adrenaline will soon subside and you will feel the pain. I can't let that happen."

"Just let me go!" I can take care of myself and don't need a hospital or someone to take care of me.

"No. I can't do that. That would violate my principles and a little humanity. Let me help you," he says almost panicked to me.

"Let me go," I tell him again. But he shakes his head.

"No. I'll take you to the hospital. You can't fight back anyway," he says.

"Why? Why should I believe you?" I ask. I don't like that and I think that he's lying to me.

"Because I'm just a human being." His words touch something in me that I can't describe. Why does he insist that I go to the hospital? It's not that bad, it's just a shot in my leg. I've been shot several times and I'm fine. But... Something in me says I should trust him, even if I don't really want to. My eyes are getting softer and I trust him reluctantly.

"Okay. If you feel better then, take me to a hospital. But then leave me alone afterwards. I don't want you to wait with me," I return. "I can take care of myself."

He now grabs me by my shoulders again, pulls my upper body to him and our faces are only a few centimeters apart. The handcuffs behind my back are clinking and my back feels stiff as I lay on the floor for several minutes and couldn't move. Our eyes meet briefly. Yin stands up as he pulls me up from the floor by my right arm. As if automatically my body rises from the ground. His grip is deeply anchored in my skin so I can't run away. After a short time, we both stand with our feet on the ground.

"I'll hold you tight so you don't escape"

"I've already given in. Do you think I'd be standing here if I didn't trust you?"

"I don't care. I'm playing it safe" his grip strengthens on my arm and I give in because I'm aware that I can't do anything else. A sigh comes out of my mouth, and I try to figure out how I can possibly escape. But at that moment Yin comes up with the idea of chaining our hands together.

"I will tie our hands so that you don't get stupid thoughts. I don't trust you," he reacts seriously.

"Tz. I've been trapped for a long time. What else should I do except for obeying you?" I ask. But Yin doesn't care. He pulls out a second pair of handcuffs and connects us both so that we are connected.

"Is that really necessary?", I'm very annoyed right now.

"Yes, it is," he says and the click of the handcuffs on his left wrist. "Like I said, I don't trust you."

I have no choice, so I reluctantly do what he asks of me.

"Okay, if you have to..." He now pushes me with his right hand in the direction of the exit, but my gaze goes back to see that all the planning and my desire for the money, which is in the pocket, which I need, just disappears. Everything was for nothing. The whole plan we've been planning for months... All for that one moment and it feels wrong. I'm slowly getting angry.

"I don't want that" I mutter to myself. That can't be. My gaze goes from the bag to Yin's face and I notice how his gaze is on me. He watches me with every step. My steps are slowing down, but there's no point in standing still.

"You don't have to try to stop" he says and I now feel a slight pressure on my right shoulder, which pushes me further in the direction of the exit. I now realize that there is no point in fighting back. My gaze goes forward and I try to ignore the now emerging pain of the gunshot wound. A few steps further I notice how the appearance drives a stinging pain in the shot calf, which I can no longer ignore. Yin was right and my adrenaline got down.

"Urgh!" I say and suddenly fall to the ground. The pain is too strong and I can't keep walking or ignore the pain. My knees touch the ground and in my back I can feel Yin's body coming towards me.

"What's going on?" He asks almost worriedly.

"I can't keep walking," I cry. "It hurts so much," I declare in pain. Suddenly I feel two warm arms hugging me from behind. With compulsion, he tries to pull me up to him so that I am no longer on the ground. He succeeded, but it was exhausting for him, which I can perceive from the tension in his body.

"I got you, don't worry," he tells me. His muscular arms hold me firmly in his grip. "I'll take you to my car. Wait." My strength gradually disappears with the pain. I feel his shackles untie.

"You're harmed too much. You're bleeding too much. I carry you in my arms to my car. But for that you have to behave yourself if you want to live," he tells me. I give in and let the pain run free. I don't care about anything right now and can feel one arm behind my back and and one arm under my armpit. They lift me up and my head hits his chest. After some short time the pain takes over my body and my sight get's blurry.

"I think... that..." is the only thing I can say to Yin.

"Huh? Are you okay?" that's the only thing I can remember hearing from him and feeling two muscular arms holding me, his warm arms around my chest, before my vision went black.