S2 CAR RIDE

Eight Years

Pon blinked, the light above his head making the corners of his eyes slightly sore.

The "Morning Ten" small restaurant from back then, the shabby apartment he and Sailub rented together, the park they visited together, all faded away...

When he came to his senses again, he found himself still at the banquet with intertwined glasses and conversations.

The lights were gentle and ambiguous, everyone dressed impeccably, polite and reserved.

The ladies' satin gowns shimmered like the sea, and the diamonds on the gentlemen's wrists gleamed brightly.

The few months he spent with Sailub seemed like an unknown dream, almost making him doubt if it had really happened.

Pon held his champagne glass with slender fingers, listening absentmindedly to the lady in front of him talking about her latest acquisition of a small island.

This lady was a friend of his sister from the mall, so although he was impatient, he still timely showed a smile, praising her keen eye and complimenting her flourishing jewelry business.

But his gaze always involuntarily avoided her, lingering on the tall and straight figure not far from him.

He really didn't expect that, after so many years apart, he would see Sailub at such a banquet.

The current Sailub, was completely different from the solitary and depressed youth in his memory, handsome, graceful, even the details of his cuffs and hair exuded elegance and nobility.

Indeed... absence makes the heart grow fonder.

Thinking of this, a scornful chuckle escaped his throat.

The lady opposite him paused, looking at him with confusion.

Pon smiled, "Sorry, I was a bit distracted just now, thinking of my family's lost wolfhound. It had been missing for a long time, then suddenly reappeared a few days ago, really strange."

He was clearly talking nonsense, but he had always been proud and somewhat stubborn.

The lady opposite clearly understood his temperament and didn't want to argue with this young master.

She smiled gently, then gracefully invited Pon to her private party next month.

At eleven o'clock in the evening, the banquet ended, with a small portion of the guests staying for a more private event, while the rest left first.

Pon was among those leaving.

He was supposed to go to the next event with Belle, but because of encountering someone unpleasant, he had lost interest.

However, he didn't ask the driver to send him back today; he had come with Belle.

She offered to arrange a car for him, but he waved his hand to stop her. "No need to send me, I'll go back on my own."

Belle looked at him strangely. "Did you call your family's driver to pick you up? That would be so slow. Let me have someone send you."

"No."

Pon didn't want to explain further, he just stood up and gestured to Belle. "Don't worry about me."

Belle watched his back, puzzled.

Since the banquet started, Pon had been acting strange.

Although Pon usually kept his distance from strangers, he was gentle and amiable to his friends, never as indifferent as he was today.

When Sailub left the venue, his Bentley was already waiting outside.

The driver was punctual and silent, opening the car door for him.

But just as he got into the car and was about to close the door, a hand stopped it.

He raised his head.

What he saw first was a black long-handled umbrella, broad and steady.

And the hands holding the umbrella were as white as jade, with a faint pink color on the fingertips in the chilly weather.

Under the umbrella stood a slender figure, wearing an iron-gray suit, with a narrow waist and long legs.

As the umbrella lifted slightly, a slender pale chin and light pink lips were revealed.

It was Pon standing outside the car window.

He looked at Sailub coldly and said, "Mr. Sailub, where are you going? I happen to not have a car. Can you give me a ride?"

His voice was as cold as the rain outside.

It didn't sound like a request, but rather like a condescending gesture.

Sailub's hand, about to close the door, froze.

Of course, he knew Pon couldn't possibly not have a driver to pick him up.

But he hesitated for only a second, his body acted faster than his brain.

He pushed the door open again, took the umbrella from Pon's hand, and held it over Pon's head.

"Get in," he said.

Pon chuckled lazily. "Thanks."

Then he unceremoniously got into the car.

Unlike his posture at the banquet, where he sat up straight, now he leaned slightly forward, like a relaxed and indifferent snake, his hair slightly dampened by the rain, sticking to his snow-white face.

His posture was so natural that even the driver in the front couldn't help but glance at him through the rearview mirror.

After getting in the car, Sailub hesitated for a moment and asked, "Where do you want to go?"

"Skyview Mansion, Block 12."

Upon hearing this address, a hint of surprise flashed in the driver's eyes, but he didn't say anything.

Sailub nodded and said, "Okay."

He then turned the car in the direction of Skyview Mansion.

The atmosphere inside the car was heavy as they drove towards Skyview Mansion, Block 12.

Sailub thought he should find some topic to chat about.

Over the years, he had collected all the information related to Pon, good or bad, true or false.

But all of that paled in comparison to having this person sitting in front of him, suddenly turning a dream into reality.

But what could he ask?

Anything would be hypocritical.

So they drove in silence until they arrived at Skyview Mansion, Block 12, where Pon should get off.

But Pon didn't move.

His legs were crossed, fingers resting on his knee, as if he were contemplating something.

After a while, he smiled slightly and spoke to Sailub in a friendly tone, "Could you have your driver wait downstairs for a while? There's a lounge on the first floor. I have something to discuss with you."

Sailub didn't hesitate much, but there was a barely perceptible hoarseness in his voice.
"Okay."